cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

February 2013 Daily Pledge -- Valentines to Ourselves!

Welcome to February, everyone!  I'll start us off by pledging that for today I will remain completely nicotine free.  I extend my hand and strength to the next EX in line ready to pledge their freedom...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
81 Replies
AutumnWoman

Dependable, steadfast Leeza, once again it's the two of us.  I am grateful for your presence here and for your hand.   I pledge that I will remain totally nicotine free for the next day.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next brave soul willing to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Hi Sheryl...yes, it's me again taking your hand.  I brought some tea for two for us to sip.  I'm here to say that I will stay smoke free today.  I extend my free hand to the next EXer waiting to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hi again Leeza!  I once more take your hand and pledge that for today I will not use any form of nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength (and we are STRONG quitters) to the next person in line, ready to make their pledge...

Today is Mardi Gras.  Let the good times roll!!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Good Morning Sheryl.  Fat Tuesday today... and me too.  Gotta get some of this weight gain off but I'm not going to smoke over it.  So I take your hand as I pledge to be smoke free today.  And I extend my free hand to the next EXer waiting eagerly to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kate77

Hi Leeza, I gratefully accept your hand and pledge to be smoke free for the next 24 hours.  I offer my other hand to the next EXer who will commit to protect their quit!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hi Kate, I'll thankfully  take that hand of yours and commit to protect my quit for another day.  I am reminded this Lent that I quit the first day of LENT many years ago, and I am thankful to the Lord for giving me the strength needed to get through those first 40 days smoke free.   That was 2540 days ago.  And it was having a hand to grab that helped me become free.  I offer my other hand to the next Pledgling who is here to protect and honor their quit.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning to all!  I just heard an announcement on the morning news that today is "Madly In Love With Me Day".  So let's send some early valentines to ourselves by keeping our quits.  Giulia, 2540 is a remarkable number -- I hope to get there myself in time.  I take your hand today and pledge that I will not use any form of nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom and love for themselves...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Wishing a wonderful Wednesday to everyone.  Sheryl, I didn't know about  "Madly In Love With Me Day" but I'll work on this today as well as staying smoke free.  Thanks for the info and your hand.  I extend my other hand to the next person waiting in line to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!  This is the day to use your head and save your heart from the ravages of smoking.  Come on and pledge with us!  All are welcome!  Leeza, I gratefully accept your hand and pledge that for today I will honor myself by not using any form of nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next EX in line, ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  My heart dances with joy as I take Sheryl's hand and pledge to remain smoke free today.  With a open hand and heart, I eagerly await the next person who comes here to celebrate their freedom...

0 Kudos