cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

JANUARY 2015!!!!! A NEW YEAR, A NEW PLEDGE

This pledge area is for you at whatever stage of your smoke-free journey -  to proclaim or renew your Pledge of Freedom.  For you new members it's a place to make a promise to honor the commitment you've chosen to be smoke free on a daily basis.  Because you need that.  As a newbie it helps to hold yourself accountable.  It's a tool.  Use it!   For us old, long-term quitters it has the same worth.  But more as a reminder to stay ever vigilant in our freedom. 

I'm 2 months shy of a 9 year quit.  I proudly promise not to smoke this first day of this brand new New Year.  I hold out my hand for the next Pledgling of 2015.....    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
70 Replies
Magstoyou

Thank you for your strong hand Guilia and i promise not to smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Mag at 534 days of freedom

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Thanks Giulia for starting our new month and new year!     Mag, I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!    My other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 514 DOF

0 Kudos

Great beginning to a new year Giulia. I would like all to remember that this isn't just a public pledge to honor your commitment to this quit, It should be a promise to oneself that we'll do whatever neccessary to maintain this quit...whatever neccessary

Sharon I take pleasure in standing next to you in this commitment. Who's next?

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.     My sister and I are going to see Flight of the Butterflies at the Omnimax at Science Museum.     Looking forward to seeing it and also to mend some difficult strain between her and I.

Mike, I'm so happy I get to take your hand.....there is strength for all of us here, isn't there?     I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what comes along.   I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 515 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

Thanks  for your strong hand Sharon and I pledge not to smoke for 24hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Mag@535DOF

You and your sister have a great day

0 Kudos
annb

Hello and Happy New Year!  Thanks for your warm hand today Mag. I take it and make my pledge to be Smokefree another 24 hours!  (Also pledging to get the walk in!  New Years Resolution - 2 mile walk no matter how cold except if it's windy!!!  I can't do wind! Ugh!!!). Here's my hand to whoever wants to pledge nEXt!   

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning all!     Ann, thanks so much for your strong hand.   Good for you on the resolution to walk!  I need to motivate myself to do that.     Doing pool therapy and that is great, walking would add even more.     SOOOOO, I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what may come along.     My other hand is out to whoever would like to grab on today!

Sharon 516 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

I will grab on to your hand Sharon and promise to not smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Mag@536 days of freedom

Mag

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

It is a COLD morning....-1 degrees, -20 wind chill.    I won't be going out today...cold raises havoc with my fibro!     Mag, I know your hand is warm...and strong.     I grab on to it and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what may come along.    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.      

Sharon   517 DOF

0 Kudos