cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WillWybierala

This site does not work

Sorry to say this is the BS site because it’s a computerized system and it’s not a person-to-person. how does a computer know how it is to try to quit smoking. Here’s an answer it doesn’t

66 Replies
tuckeww

Every one I have delt with have been so helpful, I am so gratified that we connect so well with each other,moreover

we share the same interest to be tobacco free (which is a much better life style)

Giulia

We DO share the same interest, happily.  And it IS a much better life style!)

gregp136

I am not a real person.  I am a puppet made out of wood, but I hope some day to be a real boy.  I just have to get this nose thing under control!

Bellegirl

This is my only 3rd time on the site. It's a bit hard to maneuver like anything else. All things considered, it works. I've gotten responses from real people. I get lost on the site and screw stuff up, freak out and log off. Give it time. If your really interested in trying to quit smoking (or vaping) this does help. Coming from me, that's saying a lot. I'm (um... was) the worst smoker I know. I (don't) didn't have any control over smoking, Haha! I didn't even try to, and yes! I pretended to try to quit all the time... So nothing ever worked except failure- which is what I wanted anyway.

This is a good site, ya it's not perfect, but it has helped me -when help was the last thing I wanted  but needed.  So don't lose heart and keep at it. 

Oh- and like other sites, there is the occasional troll sounding out from...

Giulia

Ah yes, let us not forget the....

[removed unnecessary content]

Edited by Mark: Removed unnecessary content

Barbscloud

LOL

tuckeww

thank you for that- those words are very motivating (just keeping it real)

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Well I am a real person - and have had the fortune to go on 3 Become An Ex get-togethers and met other real people.  This site won't quit for you - that it something that you must do for yourself.  But the advise and encouragement that I received from all the "Real" people here made all the difference for me in quitting this last time.  Best wishes to you!

Sootie

Hi WilliamWybierala

What made you think we were computers?

We are quite real but maybe if you told us what made you make that statement we could help you understand why it is false. I quit smoking almost 10 years ago ----my 10th anniversary will be November 15th. I'm real as are all of the community. I have actually met many of them in person.

Tell us why you feel that way so we can help you use this site to quit.

avian3

I know there are real very helpful and caring people here. You just have to interact with them.

I will agree many of us don't interact with real people in real life anymore. Some people go days without talking to anyone face to face or hearing a voice on the phone. We don't talk to people in brick and mortar stores or restaurants anymore. We just stare at a screen. I'll be happy when we can serve as a juror online so I don't have to get off my butt and drive over 20 miles in the hellish traffic congestion.