cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

PLEASE tell me why?? 106 Days

Someone please tell me why after 106 days of not smoking the past 2 days the cravings have come back with a vengeance.  I am having physical issues and have had to get 2 injections in my hip the past few weeks but that is the only difference.  Was camping the past weekend and the craving almost sent me to the store but I fought it.  I feel like I am going 2 steps forward and 3 steps back 

23 Replies
Pookweencess

Thank you I appreciate you reaching out- maybe I am just a little over tired from fighting this demon and got a little over sensitive

ClearColors

Pookweencess‌ Thank you for writing back. I'll tell you something funny. I first saw that post about 15 years ago and I did NOT like it the first time I saw it too! SShhh, don't laugh it's true! I saw it reposted a few times and it  actually grew on me, and helped me, to change my attitude. (I can use all the help I can get.)

I hope you are feeling better. 

Nancy

minihorses

OK I know I'm a little twisted but I find that to be too funny.  I also find it very truthful. Thanks for posting that ClearColors

maryfreecig

Would knowing what triggered it end the trigger? 

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to take the simple road: do something that worked that you haven't done in a while, do something you haven't tried. 

Keep blogging, keep working through it. 

sweetplt

Pookweencess I am so sorry hon that you are having craves...but I think until we experience almost every event for 365 days quit, we still have many memories of smoking.  I find we just have to keep vigilant forever, but I feel as you get closer to the 300 mark it will get better...just always hold this close, “and this Too shall Pass...” Hoping today is a better one...~ Colleen 338 DOF 

Pookweencess

Thank you Collen you have been so supportive throughout my journey and I truly appreciate it

elvan

I cannot speak for you but I can tell you that I suffer from chronic pain and I think my smoking was like my pacifier when I was in pain.  It never really helped, it just distracted me.  I have no idea when NML will end for you but I can promise you that if you don't smoke, you will never have to go through it again.  I am sorry about the pain, hope you are able to get it under control.  I used to tell people that if I could get my pain under control that I was sure I could quit...the sad thing is that I actually believed that lie.  Smoking never really helped with anything.

Hang in there, stay close and know that we are here.

Ellen

hardtoquit

All these words are so helpful and encouraging! The waiting out the no-mans-land, the urges reeling their ugly head and how to ride that out. The not feeling sorry for yourself for being deprived of cigarettes, that cigs are a DISTRACTION from the pain and do nothing to solve the pain. 'This too shall pass'.  To have feelings, strong intense irrational feelings manifest as cravings, but to NOT ACT on it.  To trust the quest to be smoke-free.  That it will all be worth it.  That the ATTITUDE of being a victim of not smoking, woe is me for missing my habit - needs constantly to be worked on.

THANK YOU ALL FOR :YOUR STRENGTH AND COMMUNITY AND YOUR KINDNESS!!

Have wonderful days.

Cameree

I know how you feel I’ve been quit free for 11 months now and it seems as though with the day’s passing I’m getting the edge for a cigarette. But I know it’s not good for me so I fight it and ask God for help. I’m trying to get a lung transplant and I can’t be around smoke. I think about how it made me feel so calm and soothing but that wasn’t good for my body I have to put the feeling to the side and think about my health. Those things will be the death of anyone who assumes them they have no color or gender they prefer anyone and everyone. So do yourself a favor and put all feelings aside and think about your health and how better you’ll breath and smell goodnluck I hope this is helpful

elvan

Cameree‌ That feeling you are describing of being calm and soothed was a terrible lie, it was just the addiction being fed and stopping the constant demand...only for a short time.  Smoking is a killer and you have come SO FAR!

Ellen