cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mrs_Adams

I tried for 6 days

Jump to solution

I was really done with vaping. I used the mod/coil one. Not the disposables. 3 nicotine level. I had my mind set to quit. I was tired of depending on it all the time. Charging it. Buying the coils. Overall ready to quit. I didn’t vape for 6 days. I could feel myself getting mad easily towards everyone. I held my tongue a lot. Just irritated at everything. I knew it had to have been from not smoking. Sadly I went a got a disposable and it’s about to be finished. I was ready last time I quit. And really nervous of quitting this time. I want to be done with this. 😔for good this time. I felt like such a failure when I started again. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

Deep breaths @Mrs_Adams,you can do this it's definitely NOT easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment AND perseverance you can AND will persevere through the roller coaster ride of cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep to be Free! Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can! Whether we're quitting smoking AND or Vaping or dipping they're all highly addictive AND definitely difficult to quit BUT our lives are worth so much more than the horrid nicotine poison you can do this believe it! 

View solution in original post

maryfreecig

Many, many quitters find the first few days, weeks upsetting, and are not prepared for the changes or withdrawals or cravings or triggers. It is a bit shocking what the addiction leads us to believe--that nicotine is most important. We've all been through this. I am nicotine free almost 10 years now and my quit began not unlike yours--mad? I was enraged, boiling on the inside...

Nonetheless, all of this crap can be endured and overcome one day, one step at a time. At first it can be incredibly uncomfortable, but please keep giving yourself room to grow into the quit you are hoping for. It will happen. Make plans for your craves, triggers, mood swings--don't give up, and know that Ex is here to encourage you to achieve your quit goal.

316218458_463466149244455_7344345187593041005_n.jpg20220808_163610.jpg313137687_445208214403582_360935064905514522_n.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MarilynH

Deep breaths @Mrs_Adams,you can do this it's definitely NOT easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment AND perseverance you can AND will persevere through the roller coaster ride of cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep to be Free! Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can! Whether we're quitting smoking AND or Vaping or dipping they're all highly addictive AND definitely difficult to quit BUT our lives are worth so much more than the horrid nicotine poison you can do this believe it! 

maryfreecig

Many, many quitters find the first few days, weeks upsetting, and are not prepared for the changes or withdrawals or cravings or triggers. It is a bit shocking what the addiction leads us to believe--that nicotine is most important. We've all been through this. I am nicotine free almost 10 years now and my quit began not unlike yours--mad? I was enraged, boiling on the inside...

Nonetheless, all of this crap can be endured and overcome one day, one step at a time. At first it can be incredibly uncomfortable, but please keep giving yourself room to grow into the quit you are hoping for. It will happen. Make plans for your craves, triggers, mood swings--don't give up, and know that Ex is here to encourage you to achieve your quit goal.

316218458_463466149244455_7344345187593041005_n.jpg20220808_163610.jpg313137687_445208214403582_360935064905514522_n.jpg

Barbscloud

@Mrs_Adams Please don't feel like a failure.  You only fail when you stop trying.  Quitting is a process and nicotine is a difficult addiction to quit.  Have you given any thought to using a quit aid?  I used Chantix and nicotrol inhalers the physical withdrawal was nil.  The psychological part of quitting can take more time and work on behavioral  changes.

You can win that internal battle by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and putting a plan in place with how you'll deal with cravings, identifying your triggers and creating the new associations you'll create instead of smoking. This comes into play when you're having cravings in the morning. What can you do instead of smoking? Change up your routine. Go for walk, read material on the Ex, if you drink coffee, for example, drink it in a different place, etc. Be creative.

And you just found an amazing group of quitters here to support you on this journey to becoming an Ex. There will be ups and downs, but that is part of the journey. We're here for you, so just reach out anytime we can help or want to share your experience.

This link is a great place to get you started on the right track. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

I see you're getting right back on track with a 14th quit date.  That's great.  We're here to support you on this journey, so stay close and reach out anytime we can help.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

"The struggle is part of the journey."   This site calls the first week "Hell Week" for a reason.  Please don't be too hard on yourself cos this addiction is nasty.   If you can stay quit for 6 days, you CAN do this, not one doubt in my mind.  I can hear your frustration and your need to break free.  Maybe journaling this time, will help you also.  Writing those feelings down helped me alot (keeps the mind and hands busy).  Finding that healthy option is your challenge, because once you decide smoking is not an option!  Not one puff NO MATTER WHAT!  Then do the healthy thing, because you have chosen to put your health first.  Don't give up on yourself.  Many here, have lost a battle, but we didn't lose the war.  Stay in the fight, as though your life depends on this.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mrs_Adams I have so much respect for your commitment to quitting, and we're all so glad you're here. 

Each time you try to quit is an opportunity to learn and grow, to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. 

Your quit date is coming up -- this article may feel like a good guide for you: https://www.becomeanex.org/right-before-you-quit/ 

- Megan, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Mrs_Adams Tomorrow is the big day.  You won't regret your decision, so stay close for support.  We're in this together.

Barb

0 Kudos