cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

krisfisher70

Has anyone used nicotine free herbal cigarettes with success?

Jump to solution

I’m 6 days in, no nicotine cravings but I miss the ritual of smoking.  Has anyone tried with success to quell that urge with nicotine free herbal cigarettes?  Or am I setting myself up for relapse?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JustinHoot99

I've never tried it.  My thought is that "missing the ritual" is just part of your subconscious trying to lure you back to smokin anyway it can.  You are past the nicotine withdraw and are now into the psychological withdraw.  If the ritual of inhaling burning leaf smoke is enticing, I would guess it's only because your brain associates it with smoking.  I doubt your brain will be satisfied after you took this step towards smoking.  But maybe someone else has a different answer.  I'm still a newbie.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup , I literally tried one puff because I was craving and didn't want to break my quit . Oh this is about oh 12 years ago before this quit and for me .. @JustinHoot99 @krisfisher70 , Justin nailed it . 

I highly recommend not smoking it , even if it's nicotene free .. it tasted gross btw lucky for me . 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@krisfisher70 I never tried them.  You might try chewing on straws.  It really helped  me a lot early one.  You still have the hand and mouth association.  

Barb

4 Replies
JustinHoot99

I've never tried it.  My thought is that "missing the ritual" is just part of your subconscious trying to lure you back to smokin anyway it can.  You are past the nicotine withdraw and are now into the psychological withdraw.  If the ritual of inhaling burning leaf smoke is enticing, I would guess it's only because your brain associates it with smoking.  I doubt your brain will be satisfied after you took this step towards smoking.  But maybe someone else has a different answer.  I'm still a newbie.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup , I literally tried one puff because I was craving and didn't want to break my quit . Oh this is about oh 12 years ago before this quit and for me .. @JustinHoot99 @krisfisher70 , Justin nailed it . 

I highly recommend not smoking it , even if it's nicotene free .. it tasted gross btw lucky for me . 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@krisfisher70 I never tried them.  You might try chewing on straws.  It really helped  me a lot early one.  You still have the hand and mouth association.  

Barb

JustinHoot99

Be sure to put in a journal/blog tomorrow to celebrate you big day 7.  1 week without smoking.  That is something to celebrate.

And if the cravings get bad, be sure to post something on the support site.  You'll get a lot of support and ideas for how to get past the cravings, including my favorite which uses a frying pan.

0 Kudos