cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueyedpilot

It’s rough

Jump to solution

I have recently moved back to the East Coast, after being out West for school and being on ADHD , and anxiety meds . That my doctor won’t have transferred some where here I can pic up them,  but I’m still not vaping it’s been 35 days , and it’s harder with out the meds , the feeling of overwhelming and the extra stress and anxiety, it’s just really ruff right now 

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Blueyedpilot Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 35 days. That's really great that your keeping your quit even though you're experiencing a difficult time. Be proud of work you're doing to stay quit.  I hope you can get your medications resolved.  Can you find a new doctor?  Maybe someone you know can offer a referral.

If you haven't done so already, there's lots of great information here to support your quit, so do some reading.  Do you have some quit tools in place?  Walking is great and deep breathing exercise also help (see below).

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

There is also a Daily Pledge to keep you on track one day at a time.

I'm glad you found us.  We're happy to support you on this journey, so reach out anytime we can help.

You might also find this helpful.  Every one doesn't experience it, but it pay to be vigilant.

No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate) - EX Community

Here are some posts from the Mayo Clinic that I hope will support your quit.  

Quitting Smoking Can Improve Mental Health - EX Community

Debunking myths around quitting and mental health - EX Community

Please let us know anyway we can help.

Barbscloud_0-1714839865256.gif

Glad you found us.  Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

biscuit9

Gentle hugs @Blueyedpilot .  Congratulations on quit day 35.  You have experienced life for over a month, without nicotine.  Keep going, untl it begins to feel normal, because relying on nicotine, is not normal at all.  One puff always leads to another for a nic addict, so smoking/vaping is off the table.  No way do you want to activate those nicotine receptors in your brain.  You stop this addiction by not feeding it.  You are doing great in spite of how you are feeling at this moment.  Your body is healing, allow it to heal.  I promise your body appreciates you not forcing all the nicotine toxins in to it!  Find those passions and hobbies that fulfill you.  There are so many things to do, when nicotine is off the table.  You are on the right path, so keep moving forward.  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blueyedpilot My name is Danielle, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything. And congrats on 35 days of being nicotine-free!

-Danielle, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations @Blueyedpilot on your precious quit journey YAY for 35 splendiferous smokefree days and counting YAY for each and every day WON!  Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we cany ou've got this believe it ...

0 Kudos
Kuymuchulol

It is rough.. I'm walking right next to you. At a month today... and the cravings and thoughts of wanting to smoke especially during stressful situations as of late, makes me want it more. But remembering the reason you wanted to in the first place has helped me. Also, think bout it. You've gone THIS far.... why not acknowledge how rough it's been and be proud of every step of the way. Even, now, reading this, you still havent! I give you a double kudos for sticking it out. Lets do this!

5 Replies
Barbscloud

@Blueyedpilot Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 35 days. That's really great that your keeping your quit even though you're experiencing a difficult time. Be proud of work you're doing to stay quit.  I hope you can get your medications resolved.  Can you find a new doctor?  Maybe someone you know can offer a referral.

If you haven't done so already, there's lots of great information here to support your quit, so do some reading.  Do you have some quit tools in place?  Walking is great and deep breathing exercise also help (see below).

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

There is also a Daily Pledge to keep you on track one day at a time.

I'm glad you found us.  We're happy to support you on this journey, so reach out anytime we can help.

You might also find this helpful.  Every one doesn't experience it, but it pay to be vigilant.

No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate) - EX Community

Here are some posts from the Mayo Clinic that I hope will support your quit.  

Quitting Smoking Can Improve Mental Health - EX Community

Debunking myths around quitting and mental health - EX Community

Please let us know anyway we can help.

Barbscloud_0-1714839865256.gif

Glad you found us.  Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

biscuit9

Gentle hugs @Blueyedpilot .  Congratulations on quit day 35.  You have experienced life for over a month, without nicotine.  Keep going, untl it begins to feel normal, because relying on nicotine, is not normal at all.  One puff always leads to another for a nic addict, so smoking/vaping is off the table.  No way do you want to activate those nicotine receptors in your brain.  You stop this addiction by not feeding it.  You are doing great in spite of how you are feeling at this moment.  Your body is healing, allow it to heal.  I promise your body appreciates you not forcing all the nicotine toxins in to it!  Find those passions and hobbies that fulfill you.  There are so many things to do, when nicotine is off the table.  You are on the right path, so keep moving forward.  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blueyedpilot My name is Danielle, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything. And congrats on 35 days of being nicotine-free!

-Danielle, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations @Blueyedpilot on your precious quit journey YAY for 35 splendiferous smokefree days and counting YAY for each and every day WON!  Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we cany ou've got this believe it ...

0 Kudos
Kuymuchulol

It is rough.. I'm walking right next to you. At a month today... and the cravings and thoughts of wanting to smoke especially during stressful situations as of late, makes me want it more. But remembering the reason you wanted to in the first place has helped me. Also, think bout it. You've gone THIS far.... why not acknowledge how rough it's been and be proud of every step of the way. Even, now, reading this, you still havent! I give you a double kudos for sticking it out. Lets do this!