cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 51

Hi! Just checking in. I’m still on the wagon. Feeling good. Some days I still crave. Today is one of those so thought I’d write about it. It’s series like I feel it in my teeth somehow?? Idk. Also I cry a lot more now. I think my emotions were very suppressed by the dopamine hits I would get. And now I have to cope with my emotions in a healthy way. Damn it! Haha but anyway it’s all about the process. Also crazy town is that I still get waves of nausea mostly when in the car that will last for hours. After 51 days you’d think that would pass. I’m going to ask my doc about it. I was looking back I used to get really bad motion sickness before I vaped/ smoked in highschool and middle school. And then I started smoking it stopped. So wondering if there’s a link there.  I’m going to ask my doc about it. And see if there’s anything they can suggest or if it’s just something I’ll live with.  Better to be nauseous occasionally than to be an addict. 

thanks!

5 Replies
champsin97

Congrats and glad to see you're still hanging in there.  Your halfway to the Triple Digit Club.  It's crazy the different things we go through and feel after quitting.  It's gonna take a good amount of time for our bodies to get used to being nicotine free.  Hang in there and just say N.O.P.E.

Wozlik

Congratulations on hanging in!  You are rocking it!
IMG_2851.gif

biscuit9

I did a short search to see if there is a correlation between  quit smoking and motion sickness, but no clear results.  Is it possible you have found the link to stopping motion sickness?  I was emotional for almost the first year of my quit and I thought it might be because I hid my emotions behind nicotine and the smoke.  Sometimes in social settings, I would light up when I felt awkward or nervous, so I think we use nicotine in ways we don't even realize.  

Congratulations on your 51 days!  Try to do something really nice for yourself, especially on the days when you feel down.  Treat yourself in other words, so you don't feel like you are being deprived.  Buy a special snack or drink treat, etc. that makes you feel special and reward yourself, because you have gone 51 days without harming yourself and  that is something to celebrate and acknowledge.  Good for you.

Thank you all!! we keep going.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keep up the great work @Finallyquittin! We are rooting for you!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos