cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

katheen

Smokebriety and Sobriety

Well I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said that he is going to give me acuputure so it'll help me out a little more.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
110 Replies
katheen

Today is seven days today and haven't smoked.
0 Kudos
sarah21

Hey everyone,
  I am really having a problem with my husband not respecting my wishes on not smoking upstairs, what do i do with this issue? His response is no matter where you go there is smoking and i now that, that is not true. how can I make him understand that what i need is for him to understand me and not give me no greaf about it?
  Sarah
0 Kudos
jv_

Hello,
  Is there anyone out there, just found this group, always seeking new people in recovery, one or the other, dosen't matter, we need to use our tools together to kick back n regain our sanity, n smoking over n over is the same, yes, so I remain a quitter today, just for today...

light n joy to all
  jv
0 Kudos
linda53

jv just found this myself looking for the bipolar group but ive been drinking again instead of taking my meds not a good thing put my butt right in the er and the hospital again will i ever learn after 44 years of doing both ive got the cigarettes almost under control but the annual easter beer hunt put me back to square one on the drinking i need my sanity back hope theres some help here i dont do well with human contact peace and love from ar.
0 Kudos
jv_

its the first one that kills you, not the last, so we, people like me n you, have to stay away from the first one, I can not nor will not tell anybody what to do, so i will tell you that AA was the only thing after rehab that worked for me, your call, you say you don't do well with human contact, there's aaonline.org and there's also aaonline.net they have online meetings, check them out, n re-member, its the first one that will kill you, be safe, get to a meeting online asap, for your own good, as soon as you can make a connection, with another women on line AA the better you will be...

just stay sober, no matter what, don't pic up the first drink...
  jv
0 Kudos
linda53

jv thanks joined online peace and love
0 Kudos
jv_

April 23, 2009

Promises

No matter how far down the scale we have gone,
  we will see how our experience can benefit others.
  That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. . .
  We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us
  what we could not do for ourselves.
  - Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 84

Thought to Ponder . . .

Reliance on God enables me to match calamity with serenity.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .

A A = Always Aware.
0 Kudos
linda53

this is me and my daughtet peace and love
0 Kudos
hillegal

I quit drinking on January 1st 2008, and I am trying to battle cigarettes now. It is so much harder for me than stopping drinking. When I was drunk I wasnt who i am. i can do this though. I am positive i will suceed because their is no other option.
0 Kudos