cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Garden

Todays things

22896754-61B6-4AEB-90F2-07BC70181BC6.jpeg

Garden pics and roses and green onions I started today in a shot glass. Sorry these pics are so big. I don’t know how to downsize them . We have loads of tomatoes but all green yet

3EABA820-60F1-4BE9-8015-A87AAC86299C.jpeg

D823B7EA-FAC5-4E3C-80B5-2F92028B57F5.jpegAC2E1BD0-3AFD-4D01-A329-98BF1D8E2026.jpeg43A31BF0-EC15-425F-ABE5-3159B1537E17.jpeg6352370F-A2EE-4D62-833E-9F3E3A8543D5.jpeg1C51534A-D8D5-4AE5-9596-B438BBE15AD3.jpeg

This last one below I am real excited about.....I bought some ginger root at grocery, soaked it overnight and planted it sorta like you do Iris. Did this two weeks ago and now a green shoot has finally appeared!

FF245F8B-B28D-4C71-BFCD-0E7AA6D93C70.jpeg

'

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
39 Replies
IrishRose

You could knock someone out with that zucchini.

So, put me on a guilt trip for feeding such a beautiful creature to my chickens before it reached its freedom!  Sigh!  

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hey, no guilt trip here for killing things eating MY food!  Like spiders in the house - you get to live 'til vacuum day.  Then it's bye bye.  The hornworm and the moth it turns into may be beautiful - so GO LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!  This is MY garden house.  There's a whole forest and field out there to feast upon!  Your chickens feel no guilt and are very happy!    So don't YOU!

IrishRose

They love those green lizards that pluff up their neck with this red extension when they try to attract females.  They change colors too.

Close-up:  (photo credit - my husband)

Lizard.JPG

(Yes, they are doing it).  The chickens can devour these guys.

I found this shark's tooth in the garden the other day when I was pulling this underbrush to it for burning.  Check this out...

shark tooth.JPG

Giulia

Do the sharks eat the lizards too?  lol  What's a shark tooth doing in your GARDEN???  That's one big tooth!

The chickens eat the lizards?  Amazing.  I would never have guessed that.  LOVE the photo!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

I live close to the Tailrace Canal/Cooper River.  There are all sorts of things, especially in the dirt behind the house.  We have found arrowheads and pieces of pottery.  This area also has artifacts in the ground from the American Revolution.  Francis Marion was known as the Swamp Fox during that time.  I live near the Francis Marion National Forest.  Lot's of feeder creeks and land to hide in around here.  There's an awful lot of history in the land along and stretching out from this area.  Lots and lots of sharks teeth, big sharks teeth in that river that are very, very, very old.  The Cooper River is a known diving area for artifacts here.  It's pretty cool. 

Giulia

Pretty cool is right!  

Giulia

Love you pot garden Barb102‌  Prettttttty!  Those are nifty railing pots!!  And what a cutie that little missy in the cart is!!!

YoungAtHeart‌  Nancy, I am collecting over 50 Japanese beetle a day off my bean leaves  Inundated this year.  I just pick them off and drop them into a large pickle jar full of water.  Meanwhile have two Japanese beetle traps also that are collecting 100 or so.  They are THE PITS!  

Barb102

Oh thank you. That’s my love my little granddaughter who loves to plant with me

Sent from my iPhone

virgomama

I'm really impressed with your ginger idea.  Never thought of growing it that way but I'm trying it now.  thanks for sharing. 

Mandolinrain

I planted 3 of those roots and only one sprouted.....plant several.