cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Today's Feasts

Had our first serving of Pesto!!!!  We usually plant much too much Basil.  Planted 3 store bought plants and put in seeds. Basil is really easy to grow from seeds.  But only four plants grew from seeds this time around.  Usually we have an entire 20' row of basil plants.  Much too dry here.  So I'll put in some more seeds.  BUT there were still enough leaves to make our first batch!  It's such an amazing color when it's being processed.  You can also freeze it, I discovered.  And it's a REAL TREAT in the middle of winter, let me tell you!

IMG_8029.JPG

Zucchini is doing fantastic.  Trouble is - Zucchini is so boring to eat!  Sorry dear Zucchini, but I have yet to find a recipe that's mouth watering with you.  Except the Zucchini cake recipe.  And fritter frying the flowers.  That's a taste delight delicacy like no other!

IMG_8028.JPG

The Mesclun lettuce is also doing great.  For you crop gardeners out there, if you want to add some spice to your salads, I highly recommend it.  It's a combo of different spicy greens like from the Cress family, etc.  Really perks up a salad.  

IMG_8024.JPG

Aside from those treats the day lilies are all in bloom here.  This one is truly amazing.  Looks like God took a paintbrush, dipped it in a bit of red and ran his thumb and forefinger across it in a flick to splatter some on the white central part.  I couldn't quite capture it in focus with my 5 pixel camera that's on it's way out but you get the idea.

IMG_7999.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
80 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Color me JEALOUS!

I didn't even get FLOWERS planted this year.  Ah, well - there is always next, huh? 

I am planning to treat myself to a trip to the beach in the Fall with all the $$$ I saved on plants, though!!!!

Jennifer-Quit

Looks good Giulia!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for sharing.  Everything looks great.  You do have a green thumb.  I love the idea that it is always an experiment when you find new ways to process the fruits of your labor.  I love freezing.  It is the easiest way for me to store from the garden.  Right now I am fighting a raccoon and rabbits.  I will win. 

Roller831

Looks wonderful!  Wish I had a green thumb but mine is either brown or yellow.  

Mandolinrain

G your pics are amazing and I LOVE dallies.....My Mother used to be involved in a day lily club and she gave me many starts of some very pretty exotics....unfortunatly I didn't get starts fromnthe farm when we moves but only a few, I have never seen the one you posted.

We like zucchini on the girl or boiled with, peppers, potato , onion, button mushrooms and garlic-sea salt and pepper drizzled with EVOO....oh and a tad Hungarian paprika.

Now you TRULY got me interested in the pesto!!! I never thought to freeze it. I am on it! Thank you for this amazing tip!!! Would you be kind enough to share your pesto recipe????? Please

Giulia

JACKIE1-25-15‌  Have-a-Heart trap?  Big dog?!  lol  Good luck!

pastedImage_1.jpg   Image result for rabbit

Caught!  

Image result for rabbit raccoon

JACKIE1-25-15

I am putting up a fence today. Yesterday I planted marigold and rosemary plants around it, per YouTube. 

I also sprayed a repellent last night.  It had cinnamon and garlic oil in it.  I also read that coffee grinds my help so out they go also.  It looks like it kept them away overnight, but I am on it.  This raccoon is the BOSS.  He sits and asks you what are you doing on HIS turf?

Giulia

They are clever pesky critters.  Let us know how the battle goes.

YoungAtHeart

Zucchini is to DIE for just cut in half, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper on the grill.  VERY sweet and just scrumptious!