cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF 01.03.2023

trivia image.jpg

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

(This game runs until midnight eastern time on 01.09.2023)

WHAT WAS JOHN WAYNE'S REAL NAME?

1. Marion Robert Morrison

2. Alphonso d' Abruzzo

3. Maurice Micklewhite

4. Erich Weiss

Thanks to Trivia Scoop for this question.

Enjoy the game!!

Answer to last week's question: Michael Jordan

In 1994, Air Jordan did his time on the ground, in a stint with the White Sox as a light-hitting rookie in Double-A ball. Jordan’s decision to leave the NBA at the utmost peak of his powers in order to pursue a short-lived career in professional baseball is still a source of curiosity. (mlb.com)

Thanks to all who played Trivia last week!

Labels (1)
19 Replies
Barbscloud

Marion Morrison

RainbowHeart

YoungAtHeart

Marion (#1)

I can't get over parents who would attach a name like that to a big, healthy baby boy.  Maybe named after an ancestor, but there wasn't a Frank or Joseph in that group, too?  My ex FIL was named Enoch, and there was no ancestor with it!  "Oh, isn't he cute.  Let's name him....ENOCH?!!!"    Poor man!

SuzyQ411

Trivia Thank you.jpg

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TO PLAY TRIVIA !!

@YoungAtHeart 

@RainbowHeart 

@Barbscloud 

@Cousin-Itt 

@dlnelson 

@Snowdoggie 

@aaudet74 

❤️

aaudet74

I think It's #1

Anne
Philippians 4:13
Snowdoggie

@SuzyQ411 Yes, I remember hearing it was #1 and I thought the same as Nancy when I heard it. Almost like "A Boy Named Sue." Maybe it contributed to his success in some strange way. @YoungAtHeart 

Barbscloud

@Snowdoggie I had to look this up.

However, his mother, Mary Morrison, had a “sudden change of heart” (from Robert) and renamed him Marion Michael Morrison. Mary had a wealthy relative named Marion and wanted to attempt to acquire her child a future inheritance with the name change.Aug 4, 2022

dlnelson

Marion Robert Morrison

Cousin-Itt

I do enjoy my westerns and John Wayne.  I always tried to name my boys after one of his characters but was always shot down.  I tried all of these names at one time or another just to be told NO.   Hondo Lane, Quirt Evans, Duke Slade, Rooster Cogburn, Stony Brooke, Cole Thornton.   My favorite would have been Hondo Lane 

Anything but Marion who would have believed that he was a cowboy with that name No wonder why he changed it John Wayne  

My final answer will be Marion

You know I do like the name Alphonso d' Abruzzo maybe my next grandson