cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssloan84

Is this group active?

Jump to solution

Hello all! I was just looking for some ideas to do that assist with the restlessness. It might be me but I'm not seeing recent posts. I officially stopped smoking on 7/27. I was not very active prior to stopping but I've switched to healthier habits and getting active again. I've started doing yoga again and looking for other ideas to stay busy. I do love in a rural area. Thank you

16 Replies
Giulia

"It's sad to admit that I love fruits and veggies now. "  Admit it LOUDLY, say I!   I even like Kale - Heaven's forfend!  You're doing great.  And so is your husband.  We know, we've been there.  Have a "pat session" on each other's backs!  Or just - beat each other with acknowledging fists (gently) due to aggressive cravings.  Either work!  lol  Stay tough, stay true.  It really is worth it.  But you might not "get" that right off.   So hang in until you do.  

And yeah, if I were your husband I'd be nervous too about your new volunteer job.  Set a limit.  Otherwise....  you'll have too many to get on the Ark!  

Barbscloud

@ssloan84 You sound great.  I'm happy you husband is still on track with you. I wish I had cravings for fruits and vegetables when I quit.  You could get your husband some hard candy to satisfy his sweet craving. One of my quit tools was Sour Patch Kids.

Making your husband nervous about your new volunteer work.  LOL.

Barb

0 Kudos
ssloan84

Lol I actually did buy him a bag of Sour Patcn Kids from Sam's and I'm using hot tamales. 

Barbscloud

@ssloan84   Haven't heard from you for a while.  Hope all well with you and your husband.

Barb

0 Kudos
ssloan84

It's been too muggy for me to be outside with the blood sucking bugs. I generally practice in my living room but will be moving outside soon. I've been staying away from my normal outside hang out spots until those triggers are not as triggering 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've been lucky this summer with as dry as it has been in Wisconsin. The bugs have been quite tame, even the blood-sucking mosquitoes!

As for yoga, my wife and I were practicing it pretty regularly during the pandemic and then got away from it in more recent years. I've been thinking I'd like to get back to doing the "7-minute workout" again, which I was doing before. Lately, though, it's just been walks, much lower intensity but easier to make time for.

Todd

EX Community Admin Team
Tomuch101

I live in the national forest and walking does it for me. I walk 4 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the afternoon. There's nothing better than a morning walk when it's 15 degrees outside. It clears the mind and opens up the lungs. I feel my best when walking.