cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRWQUEEN7

Quit date 3/01/23

Even though my quit date is on match 1st, I'm not waiting trying to do everything I need to try to stop smoking. Here we go! 

6 Replies
Barbscloud

@BRWQUEEN7 That's the way to do it!  Preparation, preparation....

You got this!!!!

Barb

0 Kudos
ronibeach

@BRWQUEEN7 How is your quit going? What are you doing to stay busy and keep moving? My quit date was 3/13/23, so I'm just starting my second week. I'm hoping this week is easier. 

BRWQUEEN7

@ronim Hi, I work a lot. So, I'm getting up in those times that I crave walk around the outside, and stretch. When I'm unable to get up and walk around to stretch, I keep a toothbrush very near, dip it in mouth wash and brush teeth. Helps with the cravings. Happy Quit Start. You can do it! 

hummels1

My quit date is tomorrow, I've been planning for 3 weeks.  I'm retired so I have a list of  Spring cleaning to do, should take me through the first week...LOL

Barbscloud

@hummels1 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit day.  Happy to hear you've been planning for your quit. 

It's important to understand that nicotine is an addiction.  When armed with that knowledge and preparation, quitting becomes more possible.   Along with the support of fellow quitters these two steps has meant success for many smokers. There are psychological habits attached also, so we have to work on both.  Early on it's the physical addiction we have to work through. The psychological part takes longer.  We've attached every emotion and activity with smoking so it takes some work to find new associations to replace the old.   

This link is a great place to start. Learn how to identify your triggers, the tools you'll use, creating new associations instead of smoking, etc. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Consider posting Journal/Blogs to introduce yourself to the community and receive some well deserved support.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

ronibeach

@hummels1 Happy Quit Day! Wishing you a smooth day ahead and that you feel strong in dealing with any situation from all the prep work you've done. You've got this, and the Exers have your back!