cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweetplt

Unable to write and read my private messages

Jump to solution

Hi @CommunityAdmin 
I had to write a blog on this problem because when I click on “Community Help Discussion” nothing happens.  I can’t see anything.  
My dilemma I cannot write a “private message”.  I can respond if someone sends me one, but I can’t start one to someone at Ex’s.  I type there name and nothing comes up.  I am a bit frustrated to say the least...
Please do not ask me to send you pictures, it is your site and when I click on those items nothing happens...hope you can help me out...Colleen 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sweetplt wrote:

Hi Mark @CommunityAdmin 
I had to write a blog on this problem because when I click on “Community Help Discussion” nothing happens.  I can’t see anything.  

Does this mean you screen is blank? Are you on a computer, tablet or phone?  Which web browser are you using? Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or other?

What do you see when you go here:  Community Help Discussions - EX Community  You should see 4 icons at the top of the screen and then if you scroll down you should see the discussions in Community Help Discussions.

If you go to  Community Help - EX Community  you should just see the 4 icons for 4 subsections of community help.

@sweetplt wrote:

My dilemma I cannot write a “private message”.  I can respond if someone sends me one, but I can’t start one to someone at Ex’s.  I type there name and nothing comes up.  I am a bit frustrated to say the least...
Please donot ask me to send you pictures, it is your site and when I click on those items nothing happens...hope you can help me out...Colleen 

Sorry to hear you're frustrated.
What are some names of people you tried to type in that didn't work? If you're composing a message you need to ensure that you are accurately typing in the username. With each letter it should refine and list matching people. Then you can click from the dropdown list.

I am not able to replicate your issue but having additional details would be helpful so that I can determine if there is an issue.  

I do know some people have had issues with Private messaging because they had their computer browser zoomed. They pressed Control + 0 (Cmd + 0 on a Mac) on their keyboard to put it back to 100% zoom. and then they could see things again. In order for me to help I'll need details on exactly what you're seeing. Getting pictures is often the best way for me to understand an issue and replicate it. Short of that there isn't a lot that can be done until I can replicate to confirm if it is an issue with the site or an issue with your computer (which could be merely a setting). 

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You might try clicking on the username for the person you want to message and get to their profile page.  There is  link to send them a private message from there.

Hope this helps!

sweetplt

It worked @YoungAtHeart Nancy, I just “Pm” you.  Thank you so much.  Now if Mark can explain why I can’t get into “Community Help”...I will be good...Colleen 882 DOF 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sweetplt wrote:

Hi Mark @CommunityAdmin 

Does this mean you screen is blank? Are you on a computer, tablet or phone?  Which web browser are you using? Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or other?

What do you see when you go here:  Community Help Discussions - EX Community  You should see 4 icons at the top of the screen and then if you scroll down you should see the discussions in Community Help Discussions.

If you go to  Community Help - EX Community  you should just see the 4 icons for 4 subsections of community help.

@sweetplt wrote:

Please donot ask me to send you pictures, it is your site and when I click on those items nothing happens...hope you can help me out...Colleen 

Sorry to hear you're frustrated.
What are some names of people you tried to type in that didn't work? If you're composing a message you need to ensure that you are accurately typing in the username. With each letter it should refine and list matching people. Then you can click from the dropdown list.

I am not able to replicate your issue but having additional details would be helpful so that I can determine if there is an issue.  

I do know some people have had issues with Private messaging because they had their computer browser zoomed. They pressed Control + 0 (Cmd + 0 on a Mac) on their keyboard to put it back to 100% zoom. and then they could see things again. In order for me to help I'll need details on exactly what you're seeing. Getting pictures is often the best way for me to understand an issue and replicate it. Short of that there isn't a lot that can be done until I can replicate to confirm if it is an issue with the site or an issue with your computer (which could be merely a setting). 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos