cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoseH

Cannot Delete A Post / Comment

Jump to solution

No option to delete my most recent post.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoseH 

RE: Deletion of Discussion Topics / Journal Articles / Discussion Topic Questions / Journal Article Comments
We don’t allow deletion of posts as often there are comments on posts and those comments would be deleted as well. That is not fair to people who have thoughtfully contributed responses.  When members have deleted their own content in the past it has caused hurt and frustration and a misunderstanding that we had deleted the content.  We only delete posts when it is spam or a duplicate post.  

If there is a post that you would like deleted due to a mistake.  Please click the three menu button and then Click Report Inappropriate Content so I am alerted.  I will then review and determine what to do.  Clicking this button won’t penalize you in any way.  It just alerts us to take a look.  You can instead send me a link and including the Permalink (also found in three dots menu on every post).

RE: Editing Discussion Topics / Discussion Topic Comments (most areas of the site)

You can edit Discussion Topic and Discussion Topic Comments for up to 48 hours after you post the topic / comment. To edit, simply click the 3 Dot menu to the right of the post and find the edit option from the pop-up. At 48 hrs, the Discussion Topic / Discussion Topic Comment is locked from commenting. If you need assistance with editing after 48 hours you can alert @CommunityAdmin  and I can assist with any edits.  Please provide the permalink to the post, you can find it by clicking the 3 Dot Menu on the Topic or Topic comment and then look for the Permalink from the pop-up menu and then click it to reload the page. The link at the top of the browser in the URL will be the permalink

RE: Editing Journal Articles / Journal Article CommentsJournals / Blogs - EX Community Mayo Clinic Blog - EX Community  and EX Blog - EX Community  )

You can edit Journal Articles and Journal Article Comments after you post them by clicking the 3 Dot Menu and looking for the edit option from the pop-up. At this time there may or may not be a time-limit on editing as there isn't anything documented in the materials available to me. If we determine there is a time-limit then I'll update this post. 

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoseH 

RE: Deletion of Discussion Topics / Journal Articles / Discussion Topic Questions / Journal Article Comments
We don’t allow deletion of posts as often there are comments on posts and those comments would be deleted as well. That is not fair to people who have thoughtfully contributed responses.  When members have deleted their own content in the past it has caused hurt and frustration and a misunderstanding that we had deleted the content.  We only delete posts when it is spam or a duplicate post.  

If there is a post that you would like deleted due to a mistake.  Please click the three menu button and then Click Report Inappropriate Content so I am alerted.  I will then review and determine what to do.  Clicking this button won’t penalize you in any way.  It just alerts us to take a look.  You can instead send me a link and including the Permalink (also found in three dots menu on every post).

RE: Editing Discussion Topics / Discussion Topic Comments (most areas of the site)

You can edit Discussion Topic and Discussion Topic Comments for up to 48 hours after you post the topic / comment. To edit, simply click the 3 Dot menu to the right of the post and find the edit option from the pop-up. At 48 hrs, the Discussion Topic / Discussion Topic Comment is locked from commenting. If you need assistance with editing after 48 hours you can alert @CommunityAdmin  and I can assist with any edits.  Please provide the permalink to the post, you can find it by clicking the 3 Dot Menu on the Topic or Topic comment and then look for the Permalink from the pop-up menu and then click it to reload the page. The link at the top of the browser in the URL will be the permalink

RE: Editing Journal Articles / Journal Article CommentsJournals / Blogs - EX Community Mayo Clinic Blog - EX Community  and EX Blog - EX Community  )

You can edit Journal Articles and Journal Article Comments after you post them by clicking the 3 Dot Menu and looking for the edit option from the pop-up. At this time there may or may not be a time-limit on editing as there isn't anything documented in the materials available to me. If we determine there is a time-limit then I'll update this post. 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos