cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mmfinny

tomorrows the big day

new here.  not sure how active this group is, but here i am.   tomorrow is the beginning of my smokefree life.  i actually looking forward to it.  but i expect many temptations.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Susan57

Hi mmfinny,

I expect you  begun your journey as to being smoke-free? When my journey began I was okay for the first couple of days and then be ready for the temptaions because they are there! It will take a couple of months until you are out of the woods.

Let me tell you a little about the beginnings: My smoking career began about 45 years before giving it  up,  Sept 1st 2009, so no need to tell you " I loved smoking". Whenever the urge came food became my source and making the food, which took some time to prepare.  and since I've become a good cook and baker:)

If you want to stop, really want to stop, you will and don't let any one tell you that you will have these urges to smoke again because you won't and if you do, the urge passes very quickly and that I do promise. And I know myself and that I will never take one puff because that will lead me right back to smoking again.

I hope you succeed in your smoke-free life, you will never regret it. Much success!!!

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
Susan57

Also, go to whyquit.com for further informaion. You may find this very helpful. And by the way, I did this cold turkey.

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
lenore4

How are you doing? I started cold turkey 2 days ago and did not work, down to 4 a day planning on going cold in the next day or two.

I am wondering if anyone had a side effects with the withdrawls? Do you get shaking,grumpy. a headache etc?

0 Kudos
Susan57

Hi Lenore,

I hope your plan works well for you.

My journey for giving up smoking was really not a plan. I just knew some time this habit  would have to go, give or take a few years, smoking was a welcome part of my life that I loved so much, 45 years,  that when I gave up smoking just the side effects were nastiness, hatefulness, and an overall an unbalanced nature that was far beyond belief. The side effects lasted for about 6 weeks and afterwards the side effects began to subside. When the want pushed through I would chew gum, lot's of it, and eat and plenty of that I might add 🙂

Now over 3 years and I no longer crave smoking and thought I would, as told to me by others that have quit in the past. Eating, excersizing, cooking, and baking are a very big part of my life and will always be. Smoking is not and never will be as long as "I" keep it that way.

One big mistake would be to take '1 puff of a cigarette', this would lead me right down to the cigarette store and the cycle would begin all over again, which I do not want in my life. And by the way I tried to cut  down before the Cold Turkey and that did not work for me at all!

What I can say to all the new quitters is ' Good luck, be strong, eat, and do not let anyone stand in your way. You are doing this for 'you' , this is your journey!!!!!!!!!!

I quit "Cold Turkey" and would not have it any other way. Remember to visit;

www.whyquit.com

with warm regards, S. Sweet

0 Kudos
Susan57

ps, you may want to let you family and friends know that you may be grumpy for a while!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos