cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stephenjoseph

tomorrow will be a better day.

hello friends i do not even know yet. im just your twenty two typical kid who got caught up with smoking just as a social things with friends. now it became an addiction. i quit tonight. and i really need support. i have some friends helping me back home. but i thought i would give this site a try. if you guys could pray for me. or just let me know where you are. it would be great. im giving up my debit card to my roommate tonight. im not gonna use it unless for food or gas etc. hope you all have a great night. tomorrow will be a better day. smile. take care.

.stephenjoseph
0 Kudos
4 Replies
denverdeb

welcome stephen... remember, you can do ALL things through christ. He is more powerful than any demon of addiction. He wants you to have joy in your life and wants only good for you. He WILL bless this, because he LOVES you and wants you to quit. I quit tomorrow. Pray for me too, please. The lord is my shepard ....

Jeremiah 29:11-14
0 Kudos
lea2

Hi Stephen,

You can do this. Today is my 2nd day and I'm hanging in there. We are all in this together it seems. I have realized that it's not going to be easy but I am determined to stop. The addicition cannot hold us. Jesus will carry you through just remember. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmest Wishes,

Lea
0 Kudos
broncorick

Hi

well done, just wish I managed it at 22, stick with the quiting, smoking is old hat it will kill you
and it sure as hell won't help you breath any easier.

Crazy thing about Cigs, is that they do not do you any good at all, they are only thing on sale, that does not have a recomended daily amount, as there is not one, how can so many poisons have a reccomended amount.

I had trouble breathing in the end, getting better now I have quit, but hey don;t go that far, not worth it- WELL DONE

Richard
0 Kudos
ashley34

Stephen,

I know where you are coming from completely! For me it was a "social thing" too, until addiction got the best of me.
I smoked for 6 years and always thought i could never quit after my many failed attempts.
Just know that you can truly do it, its takes a lot of mind power, but just remind yourself you are stronger than what your brain tells you! YOU CONTROL YOUR BRAIN, YOUR BRAIN DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!
i hope you do well in you attempt to quit, im looking for support just as you are, so if you ever want to talk, im here to listen.
once again i wish you the best! GOOD LUCK!!!!
0 Kudos