Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alireza

the story of my quit smoking and HEAVY AND BIG PROPBLEM FOGY BRAIN

hello everyone!

about 90 days ago My doctor for wisdom tooth surgery said to me 

you should quit smoking 1 week before Surgery and 3 mounth after..

The story of my latent wisdom tooth problem is long...

after 1 week of quit smoking i had a Successful surgery..

i keep quit smoking in about 1 mounth i have propblem with fogy brain but i dont know about it

I was always scared about drink alcohol...I was sure I would smoke if I drank alcohol So I did not drink alcohol

Finally one night i drink alcohol And as I know, I smoked 2 cigarettes..

next day after i wake up I regret I got depressed I said to myself, I wonder

I remembered there was a book about quitting smoking
I read the book
After reading the book
I was much, much less tempted to smoke
I also drank alcohol twice
But I did not smoke

but now i pain very very much becuase i have fogy brain i cant think i cant work i cant speak like before

Hi
one of my Relatives quit smoking 5 years ago
he now 55 years old
And slowly developed dementia and Alzheimer's
I also quit smoking for 3 months and since I quit I have slowly lost the power of my thinking
I am now 24 years old
I smoked for 7 years
I quit smoking 3 months ago
And I feel like my mind is locked
I have lost the power to think
And my mind is weak
I did a Google search
alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/risk-factors-and-prevention/smoking-and-dementia
wrote
Can nicotine reduce dementia risk?
There is some evidence that exposure to nicotine, which is one of the components of cigarette smoke, can actually reduce the risk of dementia. Some of this work was funded by tobacco companies, which does not invalidate it but does complicate its evaluation. While such reports may be useful in indicating possible research directions for drug design, it is likely that any benefits would be outweighed by the harm caused by the many other toxic components in cigarette smoke.

Please explain to me about this
Does quitting smoking and not getting nicotine to the brain cause Alzheimer or dementia ?

and read in wikipedia nicotine is like to Acetylcholine ..

Honestly, my brain is  fogy full now i cant write anymore....................................

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kimshine

I believe nothing about research by tobacco companies that claim that cigarette smoking reduces the risk of dementia or Alzheimer's. They have a product to sell and they have lied to us for years. 

minihorses

No, smoking does not reduce the risk of anything it RAISES the risk.  My family has a problem with Alzheimer's and dementia and NONE of them ever smoked.  Check out www.alz.org for more information on smoking and Alzheimer's/dementia.  The foggy brain will go away it just take your body getting used to not having the endorphins associated with smoking in your brain.  Your brain will realize it's not going to get anymore of that drug's endorphins it will shut down looking for it constantly and the fog will lift.  Keep at it, it does get better and it's sooo worth it!

alireza

hello again !

I did a lot of research
I found that smoking does not prevent Alzheimer's
And smoking causes many problems for the brain and increases the risk of dementia and Alzheimer's.

The problem with the brain fog is temporary and goes away after a while

Kimshine

Exactly! Smoking is an absolute killer. Tobacco companies have an agenda.

Don't sweat your foggy brain, it will go away after some time.

0 Kudos
Kimshine

I have foggy brain too. This morning, I put  sugar in my coffee filter and brewed the pot. I didn't even realize it until I went back into the kitchen to pour a cup. 

Oh well, this too shall pass.

0 Kudos