cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

skypeople

still a newbie on stop smoking

will turn 62 years old at end of month and have smoked off and on since i was 18 and went into the Marine Corps in July 1966 where I learned to smoke and got hooked the first time; then after having rapid heart beat problems and just never felt good; shortness of breath, chest pains, and could go on; I quit the first time around April of 1984;  I did not smoke again for 15 years; I took a nasty fall down 11 or 12 concrete steps and had concussion and do not remember how or why I started smoking again; smoked until after a friend of mine, Tom, a vietnam veterans died of cancer in November 2004 and several months after that i gave away all my cigarettes and quit Feb. 2005;  I did ok and then got around other smokers and was under a lot of stress as having medical issues and a lot of pain; so started smoking in october 2006 and smoked until April 12, 2010 and have not smoked since.  I will admit I have been using nicotine gum as used that once before and was able to stop smoking and then stopped using the gum.  I was diagnosed with moderate COPD and have even more medical issues and know I have to quit now and this is like my last chance to get off cigarettes; tired of feeling miserable, coughing, shortness of breath and know if I continue I will end up like a lot of veterans I have seen at VA nursing homes that have gone thorugh amputatons; on oxygen twenty seven etc andjust do not want to be there in future.  Plus just lost my older brother (he was 10 months older then me) who was a heav smoker most of his ife to stage four throat cancer and by time he died it had spread to his chest, and also in bones as well.  He had to have a trach and also a feeding tube as he could not eat and got to where he could not even drink fluids; he died March 30, 2010.

0 Kudos
111 Replies

We have lots of great advice and support as well as proven info that we want to share with you! Come to the BLOGS and introduce yourself! Then read about each of us and join a community of SUCCESSFUL QUITTERS!

0 Kudos

nice blog i really want to quit smoking...

<a href="http://pooltableslights.com">Pool table lights</a>

0 Kudos

Anyone has a goo ways and easy tips to quit smoking?

http://pooltableslights.com

0 Kudos
sqeeky

im going to try and quit. im at hr 23 and i think i might not make it.......im quitting because i want to get pregnant again. i have a three year old and he came up to me today and handed me my cigarettes because im trying to quit cold turkey. Needless to say, ive been a bit aggitated with everyone around me.

0 Kudos
jane-doe3

I wrote a comment here last night and don't see it so I will try something simple rather than the whole one. I have a quit dau for 11/11 but they suggested I do it on 12/11 as I had not counted my cigarettes yet. ???  Ay comments on that. Jane Doe

0 Kudos
yojay

good luck

0 Kudos
joansie

3 days - getting depressed - my mind is playing tricks trying to convince me to smoke again- I was a closet smoker for years - was sort of fun being naughty - but then I HAD to smoke and I lost control- I've smoked on and off mostly on for the past 33 years - my kids hate it so I'm careful to cover it up- I hate the guilt at the Dr office when I have to admit I smoke - I'm afraid of gaining weight - I exercise and eat healthy already - but the fear of gaining weight petrifies me- I won't start again - but I am wondering why I quit- 

0 Kudos

Hi folks! Come to the Blogs with your story and your questions! We have many, many really good people who are SUCCESSFUL waiting to answer your questions and offer advice and support! See you in the BLOGS!!!!

0 Kudos
jerry-bell

Nice advice.

0 Kudos
sairakhan

nice and interesting post, i would like to tell that i dont smoke and also wish  that  who people smoke  they leave that. its a slowly horrible death. its damage our lunges, heart bone and etc. i pray that Allah bless us all and save from this. take care you all guys

http://forshop.us

0 Kudos