cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rabbitcity

smoking effects the way your medication work

i take a number of psycholgical medication every day and the more i smokee the less effective the medications are and the more symptoms I have,such as delusions parania and i feel the need to settle those symptoms with smoking another cig to seperate me from the symptoms and i have been told by my doctor to stop as soon as i can, but i'm not ready and i should be since I am hearing voices and having PTSD which i also have schizoeffective disorder and feel confused about my life in the smoking arena and i'm trying to be more assertive in keeping my meds in check and exercising. I'm having trouble going to bed real early because my meds are so powerful and cause me to sleep but not rest. i need some advice on how to make sure I'm okay. I can't use the patch or gum or other helpful drugs because they are to powerful with my symptoms. i have a quit date on my birthday, march 30 the and will cut back but it's actually tougher than i thought.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
saguaro49

Try the e cigarettes they are helping me.

0 Kudos
cbs2

get an e cigarette. i feel i can put those down. but i brainwash myself into thinking its the real thing. get one with a powerful battery otherwise its like blowing bubbles. but i like the throat hit thats why. not sure why it relaxes me. i've made it a full week smoking less then 1/2 a cigarette and hope to make it all this week!

i have a severe anxiety disorder and smoke to calm myself down and comfort myself. but i feel the smoking is actually making it worse long term. so i get what your saying!

0 Kudos
lsites

I suffer from depression and when I tried to quit once before the medication stopped working and I relapsed.  Help!!

0 Kudos
lsites

I suffer from depression and when I tried to quit once before the medication stopped working and I relapsed.  Help!!

0 Kudos
lsites

0 Kudos
lsites

0 Kudos
lsites

0 Kudos
lsites

0 Kudos
lsites

0 Kudos