cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jamestolbert3

replace-username Nicotine-Free Vision

I'm trying to envision a life without Cigarettes. I'll be able to walk further without getting winded. I'll be saving a ton of money. I look forward to the day I can say, I'm an ex smoker.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Barbscloud

@jamestolbert3 Welcome to the Ex.  A vision of freedom from nicotine is a great way to begin your quit and welcome in the new year with a new beginning for you.

No matter how you choose to quit, cold turkey or with aids, it's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan. Many have found success with knowledge and preparation. It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful. In addition to some aids for my final quit, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit. For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.
https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too. We're here to support you on your journey. So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many of us on the  Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

I look forward to celebrating with you on the 22nd (if not sooner) and many milestones to come.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @jamestolbert3! If you believe it, you can achieve it. When our pros out weight the cons, then we know we need to make a change. We are so happy you join quit to get support on your journey. We are here to support you every step of the way.

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

@jamestolbert3 

Great news that you have not given up! I see you have set a new quit date for January. Hoping you will take some time to give some thought as to what you will need to do differently on that next leg of your quit. In the meantime, stay in touch with the EX, do lots of reading, and tighten up your quit plan.

Here are some good reads:

RELAPSE PREVENTION 

We are here for you ~

0 Kudos
biscuit9

Choosing health over smoking should be a nobrainer, but because we are addicts, we can't stop destroying our health.  DO it.  

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex @jamestolbert3 . It seems that you just joined on Dec 28 and have set a date about three weeks out. Great! Three weeks is a great time frame for building your mind up for change, deciding on strategies, making a plan...lots of info and ideas here at Ex to inspire you. One day at a time you can achieve the quit you want.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.37.04 PM.pngmaryfreecig_0-1672683892817.jpegScreenshot_20221025-074827.jpg