Give and get support around quitting

ralphieboy2

made it through day 1

wasnt easy but looking forward to day 2

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jdc1953

Yeahhhhh!  Glad you made it and keep on going.

N.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Kimshine

Keep up the good work!

0 Kudos
Kimshine

When I go to your profile, I can't find much out about you and your quit. Looks like you may have started out on your message board instead of blogs. Well if that's the case, welcome to the blogs. 

Have you read Allen Carr? I can't find any blogs where links were posted so I'm going to give you some things but I have to go copy and paste them first.

0 Kudos
Kimshine

I took this from one of the Experts page. Her name is Nancy. This is great information for you so please use it

CHOOSE to quit smoking, not try. Educate yourself by reading these links to the materials that most of us have used to help us quit and STAY quit! This is about making a DECISION to never put another cigarette in your mouth, mean it, and be committed to follow through on that decision. Also allow NO excuses AND hang in there for as long as it takes, no matter how uncomfortable you become.... This is about re-learning your life WITHOUT cigarettes....start changing your "normal" routine....because a smoker's routine revolves around cigarettes. You will be a nonsmoker so change how you start your morning so it doesn't revolve around cigarette breaks, etc. You CAN do this! ....

img alt="" src="" />

The Allan Carr Easy Way to Quit Smoking free pdf....

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Tell yourself the truth! img alt="" src="" />

How to gain weight without showing it --- keep smoking. A pack per day smoker will accumulate a cup of tar in his/her lungs each year. I think that I'll stick to not smoking and exercise.

http://quitsmokingonline.com

0 Kudos
cyn9

Great! Take 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day at a time! NOPE! Not One Puff Ever!

0 Kudos
SkyGirl

Congratulations, Ralphie, on making the smartest decision you've ever made for yourself.  You just may be saving your own life right now!  

Remember that the most successful quitters are the people who PLAN ahead on how they will handle their cravings.  This keeps you from being blindsided and caught off balance without knowing how to handle a craving when it hits you.

Have ideas on a list of things you can do instead of smoking when an urge strikes.  Get up and go take the trash out.  Play Solitaire with real cards.  Go out to the patio and do jumping jacks.  Change your shoelaces.  Drink a glass of ice water.  Rearrange your desktop.  Play Angry Birds.  Come here to EX and read blogs.  Get the idea?  These are easily-accomplished, short tasks.  The idea is to simply distract your brain and your hands until the urge passes.  Keep your list close by and use it when a craving hits you.

Above all else, make SURE that you do not have access to cigarettes.  There should be NO WAY you can get your hands on a cigarette easily.  If you are "saving" any or have a secret cig "stashed" somewhere, you must get rid of it.  Eliminate the option, Ralphie.

Congratulations on Day 1, Ralphie!  You can do this!  Stay close to these blogs and don't even THINK about picking up a cigarette without FIRST coming to EX and blogging for help and support.  Hang in there.  It does get easier after the first few days.

0 Kudos
SkyGirl

Wait.  Now I'm confused.  You are the same person as "cobdenp", the website shows.  You had a great 8-day Quit going on February 1st.  You were in the hospital with COPD, according to your blogs.  What happened?  Did you give up your quit?  Are you starting over with a new name?  I sure hope you are okay.  And are you "Peggy" or "Ralph"?  

xxxooo, Sky

0 Kudos