cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

j.r

huge question!!!!! plz answer

i decided that today i was going to start my quitting prosess but when i went to my aunts house i took two little cigerratte butts and smoked them and then i have been chewing nicotine gum, is this really bad now i feel like a cheater and i felt that way when i stuck the gum in my mouth.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
david-v

Hmm,
I'm a cold turkey guy..
Gum and the dope are just alternatives. You know. get your fix until you get a smoke.
Getting rid of a nicotine addiction by taking nicotine is rubbish in my opinion.
So my question is: DO YOU WANT TO QUIT??
really, do you?
or are you just doing it for a chic?, the job? some other reason, dunno..
find that out and you'll be a step further to answering your question..
0 Kudos
karen44

Sorry but I disagree with David. As with many addictions some people are just unable to go cold turkey. Some alcoholics and drug addicts need something to help them get through the early stages of withdrawl. Nicotene is a drug just as addictive or more so then heroin. If cold turkey works for you then great go with it, but if you need a little help with the gum, patch, lozenges whatever then do that. It doesn't matter how you get to your goal of being a non smoker it's actually getting to the goal that counts. Do your research on it. There are people that totally advocate cold turkey as the only way and that is great for them. If it's not for you then that is ok and there are many, many people on this site that will help you through no matter what way you decide to quit. You might want to go through the ex plan and work it. It will help you with seperating from your triggers and learning how to handle cravings etc... Read as much as you can on the subject. Read posts and blogs on this forum. Be kind to yourself, do what you feel is right for you and take it one day at a time. If you want to talk anytime just give a shout.
0 Kudos
karenr

I agree with David all the wway been smoking 43 years and the best way is COLD TURKEY I tried them all get that crap out of your system the faster the better when you do that it makes the process alot faster I am now on day 75 and know that it can be done...Good Luck...Karen
0 Kudos
rj_

I'm a cold turkey convinced quiter, and a cold tukey convinced stayer. Free a little over a year from a 2 pk+ a day addiction. I also tell myself what ever it takes to Never Take Another Puff.
I can say this without a doubt, I will be dead before I stick another cigarette in my mouth and light it. At this point I do not even have the slightest desire to do either.
Education + determination = success
whyquit.com for education, determination from within, success one day at a time.

RJ Free at Last.
0 Kudos