cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mandarey

hello everyone

Hi everyone, my name is Amanda and i just joined today.  My best friend and I are doing this together.  It's going to be hard, but I know we can do this.  I have quit once before, but after a pretty traumatic event in my life, I went back to what I know, smoking.  I don't want to fail again.  I hope this program helps and I hope that I have enough willpower to stay quit.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jojo_2-24-11

Hi everyone, my named is JoAnn and it's

been six weeks since I quit smoking cigs. It's the best thing I could have done for myself, oh what a gift to me ! I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my shoulders. I fought with myself every day about quitting. I guess we are our worse enemies sometimes. In the past whenever I quit smoking I would fight with myself to smoke or not to smoke and the bad angel would always win . This time it's different. I have control, not the tar and nicotine 

0 Kudos
zinamarie

Welcome Amanda.  It is a great site.  I have gotten so much support here.  My first day was today.  And stories that I see on this site are what's going to help me the most.  Welcome to your freind too.

0 Kudos