cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

YOU can make it happen!

It IS possible to be free from the clutches of nicotine.  It is a journey that YOU can make happen.  It can happen by taking, one day, one moment or even one breath at a time.  First, you have to STOP telling yourself that you can’t and  say “I can make it happen”.  There are many people who conquer difficulties in life (addictions, diseases, disabilities, even those who participate in the special Olympics.)   So what makes you think that you cannot quit smoking a cigarette?  One answer is that we make excuses and talk ourselves out of it. Why?  Because of fear of failure.   Have no fear but have the fear of fear itself. 

How much longer will it take for you to get off the bench and get in the game?  You can be a winner at quitting.  Many times in my life when I had a difficult task, I would make a game of it.  Are you up for the challenge?  Are you stronger than an addiction?  Do you have the power to gain the knowledge to quit?  Or will you stay on the sideline and watch because of fear?    

If you are on this site and still lurking, relapsed, slipped or whatever you want to call it, get in the game to defend your life.  You may not know where to start so educate yourself to have the power to make it happen.  Build a team by making friends for support so you can make it happen.  Your sponsors and trainers are the elders.  Listen to what they have to say and make it happen.  Tell yourself that you have no fear and you are going to do this.  Pull out all the stops and do whatever I takes, no matter what, and by any means necessary for a forever quit

There is a wonderful life that lies ahead when you began the journey as a nonsmoker.    You only get a glimpse of the benefits if you give up and don’t get back in the game.   If you don’t give up so quickly and stay in it to win, you will reap the benefit of changing your life for the better forever.  If you throw in the towel or stay on the bench you will never know the quality of life as a nonsmoker.  The rewards of quitting are unsurmountable.   If you give up you will never experience not thinking about a cigarette when you wake up in the morning.  If you give up you will never know how easy it is to drink a cup of coffee without a cigarette.  If you give up you will never know how great it is to breathe smoke-free.   If you give up and don’t get back in the game you will always keep worrying about your health.  If you give up you lose ao much precious quality time with your family just trying to get a smoke in.

It is time for you to step up to the plate to save YOUR life.  Isn’t your life more important than a cigarette? As long as you stay on the sideline you are not in the game for a FOREVER QUIT.   Make it happen, introduce yourself!   Get in the game now!  Yes, you can!   We are on your team. 

I can only speak for myself “Even though I still have a choice.  "For me" smoking is no longer one of my options.  SINAO   510 DOF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tjanddj

Thank you Jackie. Smoking is not an option for me either. Being a non smoker is "me" now.  I have gone through some of the most diffiult times in my life in these recent months and what a blessing it has been being a non smoker through these times. I am so glad I had/have made smoking not an option in my life.

Save a Life - Let it be Yours

Trudy 

Storm.3.1.14

Right on, Jackie!

A quit isn't something that just happens to us; it is chosen, and must be worked. As you said, we have to make it happen.

I love how you remind the newcomers that they'll never know WHEN they hit those victorious breakthroughs if they give up before they are discovered. EVERYONE has pivotal benchmarks ahead of them, if only they stick with it long enough to see them.

Bless you, Jackie!

0 Kudos