cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda61

Women Quitters in Their 50's

Hi. Not sure I am in menopause but I am 49. will be 50 in oct.  I think i might be in pre meno and i also have copd.  I quit march 27 cold turkey.  Pray for me as I am also suffering from memory loss

0 Kudos
126 Replies
karen-lane

hi everyone, i have been menopausal for about 4 yrs, had a hysterectomy, but went thru all the same stuff as everyone else, still have hot flashes, but i heard that it could be from not smoking also, smoking affects our homones so i heard, i have been smoke free for 5 weeks, still mad, depressed, lonely, i lost my best friend, so it felt, but getting better, i used to walk around saying dammit, now i just say crap every once in while, hardest after meals, cry on a dime, it is so boring, when did everything become so boring, i started knitting , i heard that at about 6 to 8 weeks that habits change and hoping it will be better i am 55 and haven't used anything for menopause, but i did take champix to help me quit smoking, they worked great, no side effects, took for 3 weeks and quit in the second week 3 days before my quit date.  hope to hear from anyone

0 Kudos
sandy130

Why isn't anybody using this site? Is it just suppose to be about losing weight or women's issues too?

0 Kudos
bcdynamite

Hello women over 50, just reading some of the post and I would like to say it is a pleasure to be involved in a group where everyone are pretty much going thru some of the same changes in life.  I have been smoking for 44years and have tried several times using different methods.  Back in 2005 I had the elders of the church pray a special prayer for me to stop and it came to pass I woke up one Monday morning did not have any cigaretts, usually I would have rushed to get dressed to go out and buy a pack but this morning I did not have a crave and that went on for about 8months until I became stressed out and went around a friend who smoked asked for a puff and that puff led to a half of cigarett and so forth.  Now as of Nov. 26, 2012 was a new set date using the patch went 12days  smoke free on the 13th day became stressed out went out and bought a pack.  So as of today Dec. 11, 2012 starts a new journey, praying this time there will be no turning back, have not had a crave today, trying to find other ways to release my stress so I can keep on keeping on.

0 Kudos
missbehaven

52 and proud to be a part of this group...had hys so really havent had to many hormonal thingies but  lots of facial hair lmbo and hot flashes some mild some overwhelming...quitting smokeing has brought it out a little more I think...eeek or its the withdrawls..have a wonderful evening all

0 Kudos

I am not quite menopausa but what they call perimenopausal and my hormones are going troppo since I stopped smoking. My boobs hurt for 2 weeks before my period and headaches. My whole body kind of out of balance any hints

0 Kudos
linda232

Hi Ladies,

I recently stopped smoking and an feeling the edginess.  I am 50 years old and need all the help I can get.  And am willing to support too!!

0 Kudos
ginajo

Hello ladies!  I am 49 so hopefully you will accept me as I am months away from 50!  Just quit smoking again-but feel good about it!  Cannot believe how much better I feel and how much more time I have!  Looking forward to meeting more of you and making new friends/sharing stories.  Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos