cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Why I won't smoke

Had a very discouraging conversation with someone today--well, it wasn't really a conversation as I just listened and didn't say much.  But I am realizing what a dumb thing it would be for me to smoke because of the hostile words of someone else.  Man, talk about giving someone power over me.  I will not give up my power to stay smober.  I choose Life.

Labels (1)
18 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ReallyReal I am so sorry to hear someone was harsh with you but I am glad you are keeping your resolve to not smoke!

- Danielle, EX team

EX Community Admin Team
biscuit9

@ReallyReal  "I choose Life".  Great choice.  There is no shortage of mean people, sadly.  You are doing this!

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Other people aren't worth undermining your commitment to yourself.   Stay strong and keep moving forward.

Barb

McMoney

I'm sending you a big ((( HUG ))) Raissa! You are so strong and so kind! Those words may hurt but they won't control you. I hope the sun shines bright on you today!!  🤗☀️   

ReallyReal

Thanks for the hug Meriah @McMoney and the kind words.  It is cold and rainy here so no outside sun shining down on me, but I am feeling pretty sunny as I snuggle with my dogs!!!  So glad we don't smoke anymore!!!  A smokefree day is a great day, no matter what!!!

McMoney

Yes it is!!  😊

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Another hurdle you jumped over just fine!!! Way to go!

ReallyReal

Thank you @maryfreecig 

qsiesue

people are the main reasons my last quit didnt stick. It was smoke or kill someone. I chose to smoke........this quit, when someone irks my nerves, I'll just smack the moon and stars out os them, feel better and keep my quit! ( My job allows one assault without losing said job). Thats my plan this time!

qsiesue