cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thats_it

What was the last straw?

I quit because the lady up the road died from cancer. I quit smoking for myself and her family❤

Tags (1)
6 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi.  Looks like you posted this right before we moved and you never got a reply.  Thanks for posting your last straw.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
MarilynH

I hope you are still around Thats_it ,I'll answer your question 8 months later.  I quit for health reasons so I hopefully will be around longer to enjoy my family and friends but mostly be around for my grandchildren so we can create wonderful memories that they'll have after I'm gone which I'm hoping is a couple of decades away at least because I'm not quite 58 yrs old yet but I've been smokefree for over 3 glorious yrs now. 

maryfreecig

That I budgeted for smoking, allotted $1800 a year for cigarettes, but worried about spending $200 or so on repairing my piano. Worried that I could not afford the repair parts or that it would be a waste of money. I did not question the money for the cigarettes. I defended the spending because I felt I'd smoke til the day I died--just the way it had to be. 

Quit 2013 and I just keep getting better. Grateful.

0 Kudos
elvan

So sorry that you did not get a response to your question, I really hope you are still around and still quit.  My last straw was getting really sick and thinking that it might be my last warning...I was really pushing the envelope.  I have never regretted quitting.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Roller831

My last straw was going through 5 surgeries and being told the reason I was having a recurring issue was due to my smoking.  My daughter was also on my case and I got tired of hearing her ask me to quit (as I did to my own mom so many years ago).  I am hoping to break the cycle....

that straw was a kindness.

my best friend asked if I would quit to show his brother a "real smoker" could quit.

I didn't want to quit but I started telling myself to wait a little longer and after 4 weeks I had proven I didn't need to smoke just because I thought of it. I was on my way

0 Kudos