cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mrusso3

What should I do as I plan to quit?

Hi!  I'm new to this site and need help desperately.  My quit date is 2/27/17 and I have no idea what to do.  It all seems impossible. I'm scared and have many questions.  Is there anyone who can help me please?   Thanks. Mary

15 Replies
mrusso3

Screwed that up.  Trying to find out how to find the home page. I did print out the Allen Carr helping aid and am enjoying reading it.  I am just so afraid that I won't be able to do it.  I know I have to. I was just diagnosed with Barretts esophagus that my doctor thought was cancer.  Thank the good Lord it is not but if I keep this up it could become that.  Nervous,tense,anxious is my description of myself!!! Thanks everyone for your replies.  It means a lot to me   Mary

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrusso3 wrote:

Screwed that up.  Trying to find out how to find the home page.

You can find the home page by clicking the EX logo in the upper left of every page.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

You are lucky. Barrett's can be treated. I had the worst type (hi grade dysplasia)

I have had about 8 treatments over the past two years and it is nearly gone.

0 Kudos

You have the Best Advice, Mary!

These folks are Wonderful! 

They helped me become an EX almost 7 Years ago!

You can do this!

As much as you can open your mind to the possibility that you might like it - the Better!

I love being Smoke FREE!

And so do these people!

0 Kudos
Carol5

Good morning, Mary!Just breath and have carrots, celery, or apples. These are healthy and provide the "crunch" sound that helps with the cravings and keeps our minds at ease. You MUST keep yourself busy. Do NOT sit around. Contact me anytime you need help. I will be 3 years on the 18th of March! Crazy to me even now. May you have a great week. Carol Schelling

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX.  Your quit day is coming up...good for you.  Do the reading, prepare yourself by learning about nicotine addiction.  Keep track of your craves and rate them 1 to 5, with 5 being the strongest and then PLAN for what you will do when you quit, instead of smoking.  Brush your teeth, do jumping jacks, mop the floor, go for a walk, reward yourself with something you really want.  You can do this, I had my quit kit with me all the time and I read jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007  page over and over again to know what to expect the first few months.  I also came here every morning and every evening and sometimes more than once in between. I blogged when I felt like I was at risk, and I found more support than I could possibly imagine from people who knew EXactly what I was going through.

You are in the right place.

Ellen

0 Kudos