cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

theAclub2308

What about parent of...?

Says 20 & under. I'm a parent of almost 17 and 19 yr old sons. Trying to get help. Just joined a few days ago.  Suggestions on groups. I do need to keep it as simple as possible .  TY 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Welcome 

There is no magic pill.  The simplest way is being prepared.   Knowing what to expect for the ups and downs of withdrawal and craves and the methods to overcome the urge.  Learn as much as you can  Have a strong commitment

This chart may help you out some

z.jpg

indingrl

Quitting NICOTINE and the GROUP where everybody blogs is in - CONVERSATION group - and I am so glad YOU are here - I like to keep it SIMPLE too - just for TODAY - Smoking Is Not An Option - s.i.n.a.o. - just breathe in and out and blog BEFORE you take that 1st puff over YOU

elvan

Welcome to EX. It is important to remember that smoking or vaping is an addiction to nicotine. Quitting is a journey, the more you know about nicotine addiction, the better. Having support from others who are quitting is invaluable. This journey is one day at a time, one step at a time. Have either of them shown an interest in quitting, you can’t do it for them but you can help to educate them. There are many aids to help gum, patches, lozenges, as well as prescription medications.

Best,

Ellen

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi theAclub2308

Visit This is Quitting  ‌with your child. We have text messages and other information for you to review. 

Check out For Parents — Parents Against Vaping E-cigarettes  Resources.

Here is one of their videos in their resources to help start those conversations

EX Community Admin Team