cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kelly62

Two weeks

Today is day 14, while some parts are getting easier I still find my thoughts consumed about smoking. While it's easy to repeat to myself all the 100's of reasons why I'm quiting, but for some reason those reasons don't seem that important when I'm having a craving. Every day still feels like day one. Everytime the girls at work go outside there is a part of me that almost just says "what the hell I will go." Is it still suppost to feel like this two weeks in?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
heather3

Stay strong chicka! Today is my first day for my quitdate with chantix, you are a strong woman! keep it up!
0 Kudos
sherry3

today is my 7th day quit and today was the first day i did not think about smoking repeatedly! it seems to be getting alot easier. i think day 4 and 5 were the hardest on me, as all i could do was think about smoking and wondering why i was doing this to myself! stick with it, you will be glad you did in the long run. keep yourself occupied. good luck kelly
0 Kudos
badji

KELLY ... I am sooooo NEW TO THIS ...and please don't stop... YOU CAN DO IT... I have started and stop for the last month and I really want to prove to SELF that I can BEAT THIS ADDICTION.. WE CAN DO IT!!!!
0 Kudos

Hey Kelly I am 16 days as a non smoker and I do understand what you are sharing about here. I want to encourage you to try and remember before we ever started smoking we were a non smoker. I can honestly say my first time (16yrs. old) I really hated the taste, smell, the sneaking, the lying, everything about it and eventually I brainwashed myself along with tobacco companies into believing I could not quit, it's too hard ...it was too hard, so I never ever tried to quit. I believed I needed to smoke, it helped me "wake up in the a.m. and helped "calm" my nerves when I was upset...I have a question"how could it 'really' do both"? It's all an illusion. Smoking never gave me anything and took everything.... Being a non smoker again (meaning, from where I was at before I ever started) has given me my life back...I am no longer a slave. My life centered around cigarettes. After I put one out I was thinking about when I was getting the next one. I want to be and I am a non smoker who lives with out the use of thinking and living my life around the use of cigarettes ...you are too, Kelly. I read Allen Carr's http://www.wowio.com/users/product.asp?BookId=2367&Link=1
really really helped me alot. Hang in there...we are worth it
0 Kudos
riarose

I haven't smoked for over two weeks. At first I used the patches and gum. One day I forgot to put the patch on. I didn't notice. I was chewing 4 pcs of gum 2mgs until I read some horror stories of people who've become addicted to the gum. Jaw problems, hair falling out, no thank you. WhyQuit.com really helped me. It made alot of sense to read the articles and use them in real life. I stopped smoking cigarettes on 5/23/09, I kept forgetting to put on the patch. I felt anxious and nervous but I didn't smoke, never used another one. I just toughed it out with the gum. I quit the gum 4 days ago. I'm very motivated to stay nicotine free. I read stuff on whyquit.com and it just hit me where I live. If you want some semblance of success, go to that website. Could change your life. It changed mine. Their motto is Never Take Another Puff and I never will.
0 Kudos
riarose

2 weeks and 3 days. I'm trying to think what to say. I've saved 32.29 and not smoked 107 cigarettes. Did you know you could use a free meter on whyquit.com and it will tell you exactly how many days to the minute you've been clean. How much $ you saved and how many more days you've saved on your life. Someone gave me the link to FreeFlashtoys.com. I was on that last night, wow it was fun, a really great way to pass some time if you get bored. We can stay smoke free by never taking another puff.
0 Kudos
riarose

Today is 2 Weeks 6 Days, Is there a 3 week group? I've saved $36 and not smoked 121 cigarettes. According to my quit meter. But that seems a really high number. I don't feel I was smoking THAT much, between 4 and 6 per day. Now that I think about it, maybe? I never actually counted, Wow if I was still smoking I would have smoked 121 cigarettes and not even thought twice about it. As strong as I've felt in the beginning, now it's like my brain says WHY? Nobody cares. Hubby works out of town, kids go out with their friends. I just tell myself People say it gets easier pretty soon you're not even thinking about it. right now I think about it all the time. Thanks to the person who gave me the link for the puzzles. I love it. Now all I want to do is play the game. check out whyquit.com and never take another puff.
0 Kudos
cece

It has been going on 20 days since I quit...and yeah I had a similar thing happen to me...I was in a place where I used to feel I belonged where everyone smoked...I walked around for almost 20 minutes trying to figure out why I was out there when I didnt need to be anymore becuase I dont smoke...thoughts like if I lose my friends because I quit smoking is it worth it..l got past it but my gosh that smoke smelled so good...but I got past it...so I know that I will always be in that I got past it stage...because at 52 I will not start back again...it was my birthday present I gave myself in May when I turned 52...my health...and if I dont start now and try to make a difference...anyway I dont mena to ramble on...every craving for me is my just got past it phase...i am trying to re educate my brain...man its tough...but we can all do it !!! Yes Yes YES!!! that non smoking woman from Tampa....Olga
0 Kudos