cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tdcm

Two weeks of freedom

Hey yall!!  I'm two weeks smoke free  wow!!  Who would have ever thought it!!  Although I'm using the patch, I was a pack a day Marlboro red smoker and i loved my cigarettes.. I didn't want to have to quit but I love myself more than I love my addiction.. With that being said.. I'm extremely proud of myself! My days seem soooo long at times especially the evenings when I would come home from work and relax.. I'm excited to be apart of all yall that are on my team.. I feel like I have a lot of back up now    the biggest part of my family and friends are non smokers so they really don't know what This journey is like for me.. And from what I'm reading were all in this together!! It's great to be here and Great to be two weeks free of tobacco 

19 Replies
YoungAtHeart

There is a saying here that I like:  "Don't look back; you aren't going that way."

Just make going forward COUNT!  Make this your absolute final quit.  You already have a GREAT start!

Keep it up!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Very proud of you....2 entire weeks!!! The site has some excellent new quit going right now! Its so awesome to see!

elvan

Welcome to EX, we are all happy to have you here and we all want very much for you to succeed.  We all started at the same beginning...you have a GREAT attitude.  The keys to success are education about the addiction, support, and commitment...you sound very strong and committed.  You are right that nonsmokers really do not have an understanding of what it is like to quit smoking.  
Current smokers are also not the best people to rely upon because they are protecting their addictions.  

I am really proud of you and happy for you to have already come this far,.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

YAHOOOO AND GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
Mommamich

Wow, that is so awesome. Keep moving forward.....you are doing great.

0 Kudos
Giulia

You just keep on that path that you're following.  You're doing GREAT!

0 Kudos
Love4MeFromMe

Congratulations! So happy to hear that! Look at you conquering the moments and days!!!  

0 Kudos
Christine13

Way To Go, on achieving too weeks!

0 Kudos
stAn3

Congratulations! Glad you found us.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community and congratulations on your precious 2 weeks of Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON. ...

0 Kudos