cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tring to quit, hoping for support.

Hello, my name is Silver.

I am a smoker myself, I am trying to quit because I remember I use to smoke a pack a week then now I am smoking a pack every two days. Its getting closer to a pack a day now.

I tried quitting in the past and failed miserably. I want to quit for the sake of my love ones and I want to live longer and do the things I love to do that requires lots of stamina.

I hope this place will help, I tried other quit smoking forums but there is barely anyone on those forums. You are very lucky to get a response.

I love games and art, and you can find me playing Halo 3 so much on Xbox live, if you want to friend me thats cool. My XBL SN is SilverlonewolfX

Hopefully I can make friends here that have XBL and we can talk to each other on our mics on progresses as we go down the road to quitting.

Hopefully learn tips and tricks to get around my triggers to smoke and in the end finally quit so I can go back to a normal life without cigarettes.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
balazs

you came to the right place for support. I really recommend doing the week long cigarette tracker and then the week of smoking but not during triggers. You get a good idea of what quitting is going to be like. Just don't be afraid and have a positive mindset. When my triggers hit, I simply use the nicotine medication to the same effect as smoking a cigarette. It helps when I am around smokers or majorly fiending. So yeah, half a pack a day is still alot and the habit is most definitely there, but its not as hard to overcome as you think. Its a challenge, but reading peoples follies and accomplishments on this site better prepares you for a cigarette free future. Day 6 for me, its almost been a week- I'm excited. Its a fantastic feeling that you need to experience.
0 Kudos
cindy25

I used the Ex program here for two weeks before my quit. Separating from my triggers, it actually cut my smoking in half, then your quit date arrives and if is much easier to quit! I used the Nic gum a few times per day for about a week. Now I don't use anything! Stay strong, plan and protect your quit. Get support by posting often. You can do this!!!!
I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 45 seconds (15 days). I have saved $52.91 by not smoking 151 cigarettes. I have saved 12 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 5:13 PM
0 Kudos