cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lei

Today is the Day

Quit Day...I woke up 30 minuets early (isn't that special)Ha. Well I have made it for 40 minuets...i am choosing to do the right thing each time I have a craving...so far so good.. I will be waking the boys up in 20 minuets(13 and 10) that is going to be a true test...usually stress city getting them ready for school. Pray for me as I pray for all to quit and stay quit...anyone else quitting today?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
mozee

I guess you either got through getting the kids off to school, or you didn't. Even if you didn't, you will make it, because you'll keep busy. That is the real key. I'm sanding texture off a wall. Occasionally, I stop to look at my computer, check the news on TV, etc., but I know that's because I usually would be stopping for a cigarette. Not today. Today is the day I become one of those cool people who don't smoke and always smell nice. Today is the day my lungs start to heal and I can breathe more freely.
0 Kudos
lei

Way to go Mozee..I have made it so far !! Since we are on the same quit schedule..lets stay in touch..are you feeling dizzy and a bit out of it?? I am definately in a fog.
Keep on with the healing and let me know how you are!
We are making it happen ! Lei
0 Kudos
karenj

Lei: A big congratulations on getting this far. Sept 29th was my quit day. The first three can be the toughest. Hope by now, the boys are off to school...and you did it smokefree, didn't you? And so what if their shoes didn't match today or their hair was mussed today or their lunches were a little odd today or they forgot a book today or if they were late today. Today is your day--to get well, to get clean, to step closer to a healthier you. Remember, too, that you gave your boys the gift of life today: they did not see you smoke. My son brought cigs home yesterday for the first time, broke my heart. He's agreed not to smoke near me and to quit after "just this one." Have I got news for him!

You did good this morning, Lei. Keep up the good work. Tomorrow, you'll have a plan for "wake-up." And it'll be a good one, I'm sure. Karenj
0 Kudos
mozee

Karen, you hit the nail on the head about the boys. And your son had better know it's never, ever just this one.
My children all remember me smoking the whole time they were growing up, and I don't think any of them think it's a happy memory. My daughter even reminded me of a time when I had enough money to buy cigarettes or milk, and I had to think about it before I bought the milk. I know it's one of the lowest moments in my life. Lei, you haven't gone that low. Your children will remember that their mom found the courage to face the day without smoking.
0 Kudos
fire

Hi Lei- Just wanted to congratulate you on your first day. Hang in there- be extra nice to you. Hope all is going okay.
;0-)
0 Kudos
mozee

I'm dizzy, but I think it's because my husband and I have a cold. We've been taking cold medicine, so that may be the reason for the dizziness. Would love to keep in touch. We have to help and encourage each other!
0 Kudos
lei

Good Morning , Thank you for all of your comments and support ! I did make it through my first day !!! It was really tough at times..I really wanted to run to the store and pick up some smokes..but I didn't...Lets talk about day two...how is that compared to day 1? I am so happy that we are all doing this together..I love to get your comments and feedback. There is safety in numbers...Let me know how you are doing today. Lei
0 Kudos
mozee

I am on day two also, so I can't give much advice. However, I woke with the feeling that I had been blessed, and I have. All these people are here helping you, and helping me. I expect day two won't be much different from day one. It will be filled with triumph over all the things cigarettes did to us.

I think days three and four are going to be more difficult. I've quit before, and if I remember correctly, day four was a bear! Those times, I was pretty much on my own. We can make it, though. We have better support this time.

Mary
0 Kudos
lei

I wanted for day one to be the hardest ! HA..(but I know that we can make it together through all of the days) For me this is 1 minuet at a time... I agree that we have been blessed...We are never alone in any of our battles..God has blessed us with each other and with his mercys and grace...God never said that we would not have battles...he just said that we would not go through them alone !! We are conquers ! ........Lei
0 Kudos