cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lauralenz

To start this group off in a good direction we will start easy.

What is everyones main trigger or triggers that cause them to want to smoke?
Are you trying to handle your triggers? Are you tryin to put time in between your trigger and when you have a cigarette?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
biggirl

Hi everyone!
I just joined for the added support. I quit Feb. 1st of this year. I started smoking when i was 11. I had older siblings that smoked. I'm 43 now. UGH! my triggers are phone, driving, drinking, coffee, and computer work. oh and reading a book. ok, everything is a trigger for me. boredom is HUGE too!
before I quit I did cut back 1st, I did put the time between and that seemed to help. Feb. 1st I wore the patch. (really neat dreams ahhaha) I'm off the patches now but I put some weight on, WOW! I wasnt eating more then normal, I just started gaining. I'm fatter then I ever was! so I'm doing weight watchers. I want a cigarrette SO bad! I wont go back, but I'd love one right now. why is it some people can have one once in a while and not go back? I'm afraid if I have one full one, I'm going back to a pack a day.
0 Kudos
laur

Hey everyone. I just joined this group of course. I think I have a lot of triggers. Smoking because other people smoke.. eating.. doing absolutely nothing so why not smoke.. obligation like break time.. what else would I do? waking up.. driving. It's like I live my entire day to smoke. It controls me. I'm tired of it.
0 Kudos