cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Halpppp97

Threw away my vapes today.

Today is the day i decided to throw away my vapes even the dead ones laying around so i didn’t have the option to try to even get any sort of nicotine out of them because that’s how much of a problem i have with them. I feel very drained today but I know I’m the future quitting vaping is gonna be the best thing for me so I’m trying to keep positive but i can’t lie I’m really nervous about it as well my anxiety is definitely kicking in about when I start to get stressed how am i gonna handle that without nicotine? So any tips or advice would be great on how to handle these first few days 😅 

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Tbowersox

Hey! I’ve quit before and not knowing how you will handle things without nicotine is hard but once you get through it, it’s like you never used it. I went two years without using it and picked it up again. I’m so much happier not using it and it brings so much anxiety and stress instead of helping. 

@Halpppp97  Congrats on making the decision to quit.   I highly recommend reading Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Quit Smoking.   It is really helping me with my quit.  
There are tools on the site that help you identify all of your triggers and come up with a plan of what to do instead of smoke.   I found I needed different replacements for different triggers (ie - if angry or worried - something like going for a walk works best.  If I am frustrated w a project at work - chewing Big Red does the trick).   

Spend time on this site and educate yourself as much as possible about nicotine addiction and reach out support often.  

I’m cheering you on!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Halpppp97 Way to go! Today the Mayo Clinic team posted a relevant blog post for you.  Quitting Smoking Can Actually Relieve Stress! - EX Community   Check it out!

@Halpppp97 Glad to hear your anxiety has been reduced by quitting.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Halpppp97 Welcome to the Ex and so proud of you for taking the first step to becoming nicotine free.  Tomorrow is your quit date--I'm so excited for you're decision.

Anxiety about quitting is normal. Many describe it as losing their best friend, We've smoked our way through every event and emotion, so it's only normal that were apprehensive. Approaching your quit one day at a time can help to alleviate the fear. Don't think about forever right now. You'll see those one days will turn into multiple days.

Right now, you're working through the process of your desire to quit and the addiction wanting you to keep it up. You can win that internal battle by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and putting a plan in place with how you'll deal with cravings, identifying your triggers and creating the new associations you'll create instead of smoking.

And you just found an amazing group of quitters the are here to support you on this journey to becoming an Ex. There will be ups and downs, but that is part of the journey. We're here for you, so just reach out anytime we can help or want to share your experience.

This link is a great place to get you started on the right track. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.

Look forward to celebrating with you tomorrow.

SBSC

Barbscloud_0-1680703838289.png

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Halpppp97 Today is the day!   Don't forget we're here for you.

Congrats

Barb

0 Kudos