cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BryantD

There is nobody looking, tell me what would you do?

Ok,,tell me what happens when you get the urge to smoke, only because it is a habit, and the triggers never really go away, you just learn to subdue them? Well here it is I am in a room and my best friend is smoking.  I usually smoke with him as we talk and about talking, about nothingnext to smomething that could be important.  The trigger was the entire situation. What do I do with my hands? What do I do about the stinky smell that is all too familiar, but none the less I want to join in. Do I tell my friend to put the cigarette out? Do I just walk away? Do I grab a cigarette and join in? In this case tell me what would you do.. there is no right or wrong answers so be brutally honest, what would you do? 

30 Replies
BryantD

thank you everyone who took the time read, and replyed. It did what it was suppose to do which is one make us think, and two get us talking about it.  Know that we are not able to do it alone.  Also know that I am really a non smoker, I want to bring you all a situation to cause you to think when the time comes and something like this happens,Mehta are you gonna do? The time is now tonthink about it because in the throws of addiction one doesn't think clearly.   Thinking about what to do now can and in many cases will help one have a game plan, if you find yourself going left.  There is no such thing as I just quit, there was a plan to do just that and there should be many contingency plans just in case.  Just saying later folks and thank you.  

0 Kudos