cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mizzbflye

That is the truth !!

Yes, I know that smoking is not the thing nowadays, I would go into the store and I dread if someone is behind me, because on a couple of occasions I had guys say "you're to pretty to be smoking", I would lie and say oh! they are not for me, I'm getting it for my friend, boyfriend,etc.. whatever comes out of my mouth is not the truth.. shame is the name of the game !!.. my husband hates it and thinks is unattractive.. so to keep my hubby around I need to let the ciggs go!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cait

Hunny you won't believe how many times I would be smoking and walking to class and people would just tell me I'm too cute to smoke. I remember sitting out front of my apartment building by myself, and this guy just walked over to me and said "I would def ask for your number, but smoking is such a turn off. You are way to pretty to smoke... If I ever see you again without a cig in your hand maybe I will talk to you." Not only was that kind of mean to say "maybe I will talk to you" but I was so pissed that he had to walk across the street just to say that to me when he could have kept goin mindin his own business. Now I know it is true. Smoking isn't cute and never will be. How do we put ourselves in this stupid situation? Iight hit me back... Lots of love Cait
0 Kudos
melody4

I hear ya, my hubby hates it too! I am just like you I have said oh, they are not for me...blah.....blah....but ya know if something embarasses us that bad than yes we should quit....What is your start date? Mine is June 1st...It seems like we have a lot in common so maybe we will be good support for one another! Good luck on your Journey, keep me posted!
0 Kudos
tabk

Hello MizzButtaFly.
First, you can do it! One of the main reasons I am trying to quit is because I do not want to do anything that would decrease my time with my future-husband. They say that every cigarette takes ten minutes off of your life. Whenever you crave one, ask yourself if five minutes of smoking is worth having ten less minutes with your husband.
I would love to hear about your progress, for both our sakes!
tabk
0 Kudos
mizzbflye

My Quit day is the 9 of May, My mother said she would get the Chantix and I can say I've been excited and kinda afraid that it would fail bur from the responses that Chantix has recieved I know that if I can stop for three weeks then I can stop for LIFE, good thing to remind yourself:tabk: I WANT ten more minutes to see a sunset, look at an acre of sunflowers blowing in the wind and these are things that I have been paying attention to alot recently, thanks for all the encouragement ladies! WE will suceed over this beast called nicotine...
0 Kudos