cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jm007

Thank you

Quit about 6 days ago and I’ve never felt this uncomfortable before. Chest pain(tightness), shortness of breath, irritability, anxiety, panic attacks, I have them all. Practicing breathing techniques going for walks even in the middle of the night, drinking lots of water and soup as well as reading about what’s happening yo my body helps manage.  Family helps, well they try. But they don’t really get it, honestly I did this to myself so I should suffer alone. Atleast that’s what I was thinking until I found this site. This community single handedly made me feel so much better than everything else. Not just because you are/have gone through this but because you understand the hunger. 6 days in, a lifetime to go. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
maryfreecig

Thanks for telling your story. Great job. You are making your work quit. Welome to Ex, glad to hear it is helping!!! Yes you can.

0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

@Jm007 Every time I wanted a smoke I would come here and read or blog or play games. Check out the Journals/blogs section and the Daily Pledge. Also, it might be easier to think of being quit just for today. That is easier to manage than a lifetime. All you need to work on is one day at a time. Blog before you smoke, if you are tempted. We will be here for you.🚭

0 Kudos