cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kendrak843

Stopping vaping

What is the best alternative to use to stop vaping?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies
tyndallgw

I used the nicotine gum....helped.

Kendrak843

Do they come in different levels or they all the same. I’m not a big gym chewer but I’ll get some and try that. 

0 Kudos
molzep

Try finding nicotine free vape juice - that way you can kick the physical addiction, while still doing the action. Then once withdrawal is down toss the vape?

Kendrak843

I have some that’s 0 nicotine. I’ll try that !! I have tried it before and for some reason it makes me cough.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Suck on straws. Yep. cut them in half and suck up fresh air. 

Barbscloud

@Kendrak843 Welcome to the Ex. There are other alternatives to nicotine gum and continuing to vape.  There are two medications and the nicotrol inhaler and nasal spray which require a prescription.  Over the counter there is nicotine patches, lozenges

Any aid is just that, an aid.  Which aid you choose is only part of the picture. You still have to do the work. 

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  This link is a great place to start. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Understanding this addiction and preparation has led to success for many.

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.

Barb

0 Kudos
Kendrak843

Thank you so much for this!!  Yes I’m really trying to come up with a plan, I think I’d be ok with out nicotine, it’s the hand and mouth motion that’s got me plus the throat hit. 
I will check this link out.