cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: Sometimes a little humor is needed :)

At times no words are needed or necessary maybe just a smiley face will do with a little humor to back it up......

th.jpegScreenshot_20210226-130614.jpgScreenshot_20210301-101332.jpgScreenshot_20210226-133810.jpgd692a7e39981ee84b44b8db4f7e975df.jpg

Tags (1)
29 Replies
indingrl

msterling999

These are really good and brightened my evening. Thanks!

Maggie

Giulia

MarilynH  "Problem now is we can't SEE anyone smile! "  I was in my doctor's office the other day and the nurse had on a mask I'd never seen before.  It was the usual fabric mask, but around the mouth it was clear plastic so you could see her mouth.  I said, "That is REALLY COOL!" She said she got one because my doctor can't hear well, but he can see her lips and read her lips moving.  Here's a picture of an example:

SAGE ADVICE!!!!!

minihorses‌n  "Why are frogs so happy - they eat whatever bugs them!"  LOVE IT!

And one of my favorites...

Spring.jpg

MarilynH

Thanks Giulia, hummm I've heard of these masks I really should check them out and purchase a few my mother in law is 94 and pretty much death she's in a assisted living facility we haven't seen her since Christmas when everything shut down on us again BUT now things are lifting a little I'm not sure if  things will get lifted at the facility yet but these masks would be great when the rules do get loosened......

613674b2a8c66c31eaf406beadc79e86.jpg

Barbscloud

They actually developed these masks for deaf people so they can read lips.  

minihorses

I've found that people can see you're smiling because your facial muscles move. Your cheeks spread up, the muscles in your forehead and skin around the 'crows feet' area crinkle. Also direct eye contact and a head nod works with a smile. So keep smiling, it will be seen!

MarilynH

0 Kudos
minihorses

My doctor put me on sodium chloride (concentrated salt) for two weeks because my levels have been so low.  I guess the lack of it can cause 'dain bramage'. Ever since I started my mouth tastes like metal piled with salt and all food and drinks taste just like that too. Tomorrow's blood test better come back better. If it isn't one thing....

salty memes

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

minihorses 

That sounds awful - both the phone AND the drug!  Keeping fingers crossed you can at least eliminate the drug!

MarilynH

{{{{{{{{{{{Humongous caring hug coming your way Julie minihorses sending up prayers}}}}}}}}}}}