cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

GERimiah

Slipped

So I messed up guys. Its been several months since the last time I used but last night after work my wife and I got into a rather heated argument and I went for a walk to cool off and before I realized it i had stopped at a convenience store and bought tobacco. feeling really bad about it and I feel like I just undid all of the hard work I put in so far 

Sam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GERimiah Sorry to hear about your argument. Glad you've returned though and are reflecting on what happened. How are you planning on addressing that scenario in the future now that you know how you reacted this time? 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
GERimiah

Man, i don't know.  I got rid of the can i bought and started carrying a little stress ball around with me. 

Sam
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GERimiah wrote:

Man, i don't know.  I got rid of the can i bought and started carrying a little stress ball around with me. 

Glad you got rid of the chewing tobacco and replaced it with the stress ball. Do you have anything else in your quit kit?  Do you have all the steps in your EX Plan completed? If not perhaps now is a good time to revisit.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry that you smoked. Anger can really be a trigger.  Commit to not allowing that to cause you to smoke ever again no matter what.  Have some what if's ready.  Like a quit kit.  Use it.  Deep breathing is one that you can take wherever you do.  Have you gottne rid of the tobacco

0 Kudos