cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

GyorgyiM

Since 2020 ..I have been locked in Nicotine Prison..

I miss the old timers ( not age related, LoL) The support I had, compassion and sense of belonging. Then a trauma took over my life ( the loss of a parent) and I’ve been in the nicotine prison ever since…I want to be released and come home..My last cig was last night around 8pm…the next few minutes, hours, days will be the hardest…but I’ve grieved long enough…I NEED you ALL right now, xox

Miles of Smiles, 

Gyorgyi

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Barbscloud

@GyorgyiM So good to see you.  My sympathy on your loss.  Losing a parent is a difficult time.  Both of mine have been gone for some time now, but we still have our memories.

I'm glad you've come back to make this your final quit.  Go back and review your plan and see what you could have done differently.  One of them is to reach out before you smoke, not after.  It's just enough time to refocus your thoughts to stay on track.  It works!

Don't lose sight  that life is going to happen whether we smoke or not.  

Missed "miles of smiles"

Barbscloud_0-1687779121839.png

Stay busy and stay close

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will find many people here to support you and cheer you on in your quit. Congratulations on taking the first step to escape that prison, Gyorgyi. I lost my dad in 2020, too. But like @Barbscloud says you've got to lean on your memories the best you can. We're glad you are here.

Todd

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

@GyorgyiM 

"I NEED you ALL right now,"

You got us!

We are here for you!!

Let us help you make this your final quit!!! 

helping one another 4.29.23.jpg

NOPE / NMW

(Not even one puff; no matter what)

YOU CAN DO THIS

Maki

Are you still doing artwork ? Good to see you back , you got this quit .. all the best to you . 

transposase

Hi Gyorgyi - going through it myself! I picked up smoking in 2020 after a 13 year break. Been chained to it since. Quit a yesterday. 

SuzyQ411

@GyorgyiM 

Hugs 1.jpg

SENDING HUGS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

One step, one day at a time you can make your quit stronger and stronger. addiction is.jpg308875167_3268277690101138_6544419650644654398_n.jpg

Barbscloud

@GyorgyiM Hoping to hear back from you.   How is your quit going?

Barb

0 Kudos