Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
SuiteDee

Good for you for starting this group!  and to all of us trying and trying and hoping this is the last time we put ourselves and our loved ones thru this... almost all of my close friends smoke, so it's been especially hard...

The site recommends that my quit date is 10/26, but I'd like to be done before that so I'm joining you if that's ok!

Thanks, and smoking is gross and smelly!!  

0 Kudos

Well... Chantix won't happen until the end of August... so my quit date will actually BE in September after all... lol... so I'm where I need to be! Loves!

0 Kudos
kerriebeard

Hello to all... My quit date is September 10th. I have been smoking since I was 17 years old and have quit 3 times before but kept telling myself just one more won't hurt. Well it did and I know that this time I am doing it for myself and that it is the best thing for me to do. 
 I am also on weight watchers so that will help me with my food selections and stop me from wanting to unhealthy foods in my mouth while I get through the cravings for a cig. Today was the stepping stone in my life and this site will help me through it all.
 Thank you so much for starting this group and good luck to everyone.

0 Kudos
shirle06

Hi,  I'm Shirle06.  I just found Ex.  My quit day is 1 Sep, coming up next week.  I've quit so many times using a patch or a perscp. but without success. Started smoking at age 48--in fact, my whole family -brothers and sisters smoked--and now all have quit but me. I've been hiding my smoking from them, but now at age 80 I just don't want to smoke anymore and with the help of EX feel confident that I can do this.  Glad I found this group. Shirle06

0 Kudos
samiam100208

Hello all!

My quit date is September 2nd. I'm new to this site and this is my 3rd attempt to quit. I am on Chantix now, my doctor says its has a good success rate but I was wondering if anyone elese is on it to?  I'm preparing for my triggers now by doing sometihng elese instead of picking up a smoke. I''m keeping a good outlook on this new phase in my lfe. My premature son will be able to breath better, I will be able to breath better, and finally be able to get the nice things  I want and have my wedding in 2010 and look ravishing!! I hope all of you succeed just look foward to something and keep your head up!

0 Kudos
samson_11

H i all

I have ben a smoker over 30 years now. I quit in 1999 after 28 years of smoking a pack a day. but sad to say started back 2 years ago. not smoking as much as I use to at 1/2 a pack a day , olny on work days. I have tryed to quit over the last 2 years lots of times but am finding that it has been a lot harder then the first time in 1999.Tryed the patch and did good and then in step two started smoking with it and that was not good for the hart so stoped the patch. This site has helped me alot this time i found out that we can use the patch and mints at the same time for those tuff times. i know that this time i am going to make it and with the help of the people here and my wife i am not alone. my quit date is Sep 1 so am looking for people who have got the same stop date as me to lean on and be there for.I work the night shift so it makes harder to be there for day people but will do my best.

0 Kudos
shirle06

Hi Sept. Quit Group, 

Preparing for my quit date--Wed. Sept.1; hope to stay in touch with all of you with Sept. quit dates and wishing you all great success. I've made a list of all activities that will keep me distracted and another list of triggers.  Let us begin to breathe free this month and don't forget to treat yourself and pat your back often. shirle06

0 Kudos
lois2

chantix has a group, look for it, i am on chantix, it does help, good luck to all

0 Kudos
sweet-p2

Hi my name is Pam, I am 36 years old , and have been smoking since I was 13!  I have two wonderful boys who desperately want me to quit.  I have a hubby who smokes and does not want to quit!  That should make things fun for me!  I have health problems that require me to do this!  My quit date is Sept 13th.  Anyone else have that date?  Could use support! Thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos
maxdon

Everyone relapses...

0 Kudos