cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Roll Call!

Just thinking about days gone by and people that were a big help to me in my quit.  So many that we no longer hear from and that is sad - because they have so much to offer.  I am going to @ mention some of these folks in hopes that a little nudge will get them to stop by and say hello and let us know how they are doing. Feel free to add others that I may have missed.

breakinchains

Brenda_M 

cyn9

dakota_posse

djmurray

GreenThumb3

iaviksfan

linda258

LisaAnnIndy74

marilyn_marmac 

Ms.J_11-10-2013

nanawendy

Newfound_Joy

OldBones-Larry

puff-tm-draggin

smorgy8513

Storm.3.1.14

swilson2

Yess

81 Replies
pir8fan

Hey Irish!!   I miss you!  Is that Abbey who has the injured paw? Give her a scratch from me and Spence! Sorry hear that you have to do the prep alone! Take care of you!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Hey there, Pirate Man.  Yep, that would be Abby's paw.  I just loved on her for you.  She knows things are acting strange around here.  She never leaves my side - where ever I go, she is right behind me.  Her paw is doing much better.  I gave her a test to see how bad her paw was a few days ago when the limb was at its worst.  I got on the bed with a bag of Cheetos (sp).  She loves those things.  Anyway, as soon as I opened the bag, she came racing around the corner and all 125 pounds of her jumped on the bed, lying down, and paying close attention to any morsel coming her way.  She's my baby!

Hope you have found a place to stay with Irma coming through.

I will take care of me, and I hope you take care of you, Dear Friend!!!

(((hug)))

0 Kudos
pir8fan

Living in Florida, I have made a deal with the alligators! I promised them I would not kill or eat them if they do not kill or eat me! So far, they have kept their end of the bargain! and, so have I!!

Relocated to Orlando yesterday! I feel pretty secure here! My home in Naples seems to be the target for Irma! If the storm surge reaches projected levels, Everything I own is in jeopardy! But things are things! Spent most of yesterday trying to find a place to stay today and tomorrow night!  At dinner last night I ran into a girl from Naples who used to live in my neighborhood, and loved my husky Max. She has a cousin whos daughter works at Hyatt! She was able to secure a place for us there! It is very hard to find places that will allow Spence!

Thank you all for your continued Prayers!  I will keep you posted as much as possible!!

Live Free my friends! Live Smoke Free!! 

HUGZ!!!!!!   Tommy

Jennifer-Quit

Thank you for checking in Tommy. I am following Irma on the news and I do hear Naples mentioned over and over.  I am happy to hear you relocated to a safer place.

0 Kudos
Giulia

"I will keep you posted as much as possible!!"  YOU'D BETTER!  IrishRose  You too, Irish.

IrishRose

Well, I just put the chickens in the garage.  I had it ready for them just in case the wind got a little rough.  Trees are whipping around now.  The worst will be this afternoon, but the wind is mostly heavy gusts right now - gusting, I would guess around 40 mph.  Still have electricity.

My puppy beast Abby was acting like a complete idiot last night.  I think the deer were close by trying to find a place to bed down.  She finally got in the bed between hubby and I.  King size bed, and I am inched over the side of the bed every time I woke up last night.  She stretches out her legs and literally moves me - wakes me up, so she can be more comfortable, I guess.   grrrrrrrr 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I hope and pray you are okay i just watched the weather channel and it has dropped to a cat 2  but is affecting Orlando stay safe ! I hope the surge in Naples is not as bad as they think it will be ! Missing you on Ex Tommy ! pir8fan

0 Kudos

Glad to here from you Tommy. Even happier you got out of Naples.  We talked our friend, also from Naples, into coming to Jacksonville and staying with us. He discovered the storm surge at his place was estimated to be 9' and that sealed it! It took him less than 20 minutes to throw things in a bag and head our way. As I watch the news, I fear many homes will be lost. I pray the lives are few. 

Sending hugs and prayers to all of you that have been in the ugly clutches of Irma. She is one scorned, vicious storm. I have been thinking and praying for all of you that are being devastated by her. pir8fan Glad to see you made the agreement with the gators Tommy, that could be one heck of a mess either way it went. Marilyn_marmac_07-31-13 Blog stay safe my evil twin, Giulia hunker down its heading your way.  All of you should pack up and head my way here in Erie, Pa I will take care of all of you. 

xoxo

Ms J

11/10/2013

Giulia

Ms.J_11-10-2013‌  I just cleaned out my root cellar.  So we've got a place to hunker now with the spiders and mice.  Think it would be more fun to come stay with you in PA, however!  We're in the middle of the state and the only worry  here are tornadoes.   Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

0 Kudos