cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kayam24

Quitting vaping with no plan

I decided to try quitting just to see how it would go. It's day 4. I went in with no plan, cold turkey, and even though my willpower has been much stronger than expected, I'm realizing it's a lot harder than I thought. I'm not sure how much longer willpower alone will be enough. This is my first time since before I was this heavily addicted that I've tried to quit. At this point, I'm not sure if I should try to regroup and start again with a real plan or if I should just try to keep pushing. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job. You might be able to get through it but you have to give yourself grace if you do not. But you could also spend some time reading and educating yourself on the information that our program provides on quitting e-cigs and also read up on the wealth of information the community provides to push through.

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kayam24 How did things go through the evening hours yesterday?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
biscuit9

Well, you have lasted FOUR days.  Can you last another?   I think you should stick with it.  We encourage quitting here.

Barbscloud

@kayam24 Welcome to the Ex   Will power may only last so long.  Do what's best for you.  It's ok if want to back up and give yourself so time to regroup.  You're long term success is what's important.  And you've learned something about quitting in those four days so it's not wasted.  

It's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

0 Kudos