cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stacydc83

Quitting vaping after almost 10 years

Hi everyone. My name is Stacy. I'm 40 years old. Quit vaping on Tuesday Decemeber 26, around 3 pm. This is hard! When I quit smoking, I had a crutch, vaping, I'd just switched over from smoking to vaping. Now, no switching to anything thing. No nicotine.  I decided to quit because my lungs just haven't been working right and bothering me for a few months. So giving up vaping. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Barbscloud

@stacydc83 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 5 days of success.  Many smokers switched to vaping thinking it was safer.  Now we know better.  So glad you made this decision to yourself.

No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical.  The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

You might find this group helpful.   Quit Vaping - EX Community

Have a wonderful nicotine free New Year.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

Breathing is life.  We cannot live without breathing, but we can sure live without nicotine.  Stop self harming and start treating your body with respect.  Very proud of you for realizing it is time to quit.  I tried, years ago, to switch from smoking to vaping, cos so much safer.....blah blah blah.  I couldn't make the switch, but I am so happy that you are ridding yourself of this nasty addiction.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @stacydc83! We are so happy you have joined the EX Community. There are many resources available to help you on your journey. 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Maki

I hope you do share any concerns in regard to your lungs bothering you with your doctor . Don’t ignore that . I don’t want to scare you but want you to be aware that if one smokes or vapes reg check ups of those lungs I believe are very important . 
8A28A1BA-846F-49A0-89F8-F7403AAE44A2.jpeg

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Yes quitting is hard!!! At least for most of us. Take it one day at a time, ignore worries for next week, next month, next... And know that you've joined a group of quitters that interested in and cares about how you are doing.

7E33126C-E59E-41D1-B30F-51EBB5E71EF4.gif20220808_163610.jpg