cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fiveblessings

Quitting is different for women.

This is just my opinion. But in the caretaking of others women seem to have a busier stance. I know I do. I have those 5 kids, plus hubby, I feel responsible for my mom and of course I'm a nurse so that's caretaking too. It is hard for so many women to take care of THEMSELVES. Not to mention the very real hormonal ups and downs I face. I really struggle with it even now. So many times during this quit, when I was feeling cranky and just wanted to hide under the covers, I wanted to give it up and start smoking again. I felt that I was neglecting my family by having to focus so much on my quit, especially in the beginning.
Now that the bumpiest part is over, I am so glad I stuck it out, so glad that I took the time to care for ME for a change. In the end it will benefit all of those I love as well. It tuned out to be the most selfless selfish thing I ever did.
Now if I could just parlay that into everyday life! Massage and a nap, anyone?

Leslie
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jennie3

I know exactly what you mean my emotions were so raw at 1st ! I'm healing now I feel it. I agree women have a hard time putting themselves 1st at times by nature we nurture lol..
0 Kudos