cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dylanfoster

Quitting dipping/pouches

Well I quit 3 months ago and man this has absolutely been the worse thing I’ve ever done in my life. I went from finishing a whole pack of 20 7mg pouches a day to absolutely nothin. That was probably the biggest mistakes ever! Felt fine for a week and then out of nowhere had panic attacks that lasted all day long even went to the hospital the first time. I dealt with those and still am. They have faded away but holy **bleep** it’s bad. Wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Consider it the best thing you have done to not use nicotine.  No matter what form it is it is not good for your health.  i quit smoking for over 7 years with the support of this group.  I believe that education is the key to success. Here is a link to help you. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Mayo-Clinic-Blog/Anxiety-and-stopping-smoking-vaping-dipping-o...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Dylanfoster Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your three months of success.   I'm sorry you've had such a hard time.  Some people do find quitting more challenging than others. I can understand how you're feeling.  Many quitters expect to feel better right away which isn't realistic for most,  But when it drags on and is more severe, it can be hard to stay positive about your quit  it  wasn't as bad for me, but a side effect of quitting smoking can be hypothyroidism which can cause depression  and weight gain.  I struggled with my quit for a year not feeling very positive about it.  Some how I managed to stick it out when I reached to my doctor after a year for a reason and got a diagnosis.

Did you have panic attacks prior to quitting?   Have you gotten help to manage them?   Deep breathing can help a lot when quitting for most of us.  I've had two in my life and I know they're scary.   

Glad you reached out.   They're are some quitters here that do experience panic attacks before or after quitting, so hopefully someone will respond.

Stay close and let s know how you're doing.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. We just released some new content on Quitting Zyn and other oral nicotine pouches 

EX Community Admin Team